Please see the related sample report for contests.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We will focus on writing and improving articles about national monuments that were photographed during the Wiki Loves Monuments contest that ended last month. This content is important to our community because only 15% of national monuments in our country have Wikipedia articles about them.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We will invite Wiki Loves Monuments participants to join the writing contest by posting invitations on their user talk pages. We will send emails about the contest to our mailing list which includes anyone who has RSVP'd or attended an event in the past. We will also use geolocated banners to advertise the contest to local Wikipedia readers, and promote it on our Facebook page.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Contest participants will be responsible for tracking and scoring their work on the main contest page. They will list each article they have worked on and keep track of their score. This is the scoring system we are using: one point will be given for each photo added to an article, two points for each new article created, and five points for each 2,000 bytes added. Contest organizers will verify a sample of scores. Prizes will be given to the top three scorers. Prizes are online gift cards, so delivery should not be a problem.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- This contest will help make sure that images from WLM get used in articles.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We have done two successful writing contests in the past.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please add specific targets (numbers) to the measures of success below and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: 60
- Number of articles created or improved: 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 1200
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- AWang (WMF): Contest organizer, will create contest pages, answer questions on email and contest talk page, check scores
- KHarold (WMF): Contest organizer, will create lists of redlinks, contest promotion, check scores, purchase prizes
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Total funding needed: 700 USD for prizes. $300/$200/$100 for top three prizes and and $100 for top new user
- It would be nice to have a bot to help with scoring. Do you know of someone who can help with this?
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!