Grants:Project/Rapid/Punjabi Wikimedians/Punjabi Wikisource Plan (November-December 2017)/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Punjabi Wikimedians started digitizing and working actively on Punjabi Wikisource due to this project. Now, we have 50 digitized works and a fairly active Wikisource community.
Punjabi Wikimedians and CIS-A2K are now working together for Punjabi Wikisource as a Focused Project Area for this fiscal year. We have hired a Community Advocate who has been tasked to digitize works for Punjabi Wikisource among other things.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|15 contributors with 10+ edits on Punjabi Wikisource per month||14 contributors with 10+ edits on Punjabi Wikisource as of September 2018||Target achieved. This happened due to regular Proofreading events since past two months.|
|5 contributors with 100+ edits on Punjabi Wikisource per month||4 contributors with 100+ edits on Punjabi Wikisource per month||Target achieved. This happened due to regular Proofreading events since past two months.|
|70 new books digitized and integrated onto Wikimedia Commons||50 new books digitized and integrated onto Wikimedia Commons||We couldn't successfully fulfill this target as it takes a lot time and energy to digitize, that too in volunteer capacity.|
|5 new books proofread on Punjabi Wikisource at the end of the project||4 new books proofread on Punjabi Wikisource at the end of the project||Target achieved.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- We were able to make Punjabi Wikisource an active project and now it is more active than some of the other Indic Wikisource Communities.
- What did not work so well?
- We couldn't achieve our target of digitizing more works. This was due to the fact that all of the work during this project was done by our volunteers.
- The project got delayed due to a number of reasons. This included delays in receiving funding and further delays by scanner vendor.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We have understood that digitizing can be more successful if done by a staff member rather than volunteers.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|1||Punjab Wikimedians Travel expenses||10,500.00|
|2||Laptop for Punjabi Wikisource community||49,500.00|
|3||Admin Expeses (ACT Internet charges)||6,000.00|
Do you have any remaining grant funds? No
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- CIS-A2K bought a scanner for the User Group but somehow that payment was done from the remaining funds from the WCI grant and hence the funds from this grant were used to buy a laptop for the community.
- Although, we have somewhat reached our targets but we are still fairly new to Wikisource and we are going to organize a Wikisource Workshop for the community next month and hopefully then we will be able to contribute more once we learn more about Wikisource.