Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Our goal was 20 partecipants (the number of people confirmed us their presence), we were about 17. In addition to the number of participants, our real goal is to fill the gender gap, so involve women in writing contents in Wikipedia and add female biographies in Wikipedia. We are very happy about how the event went, because we had enthusiastic people we trust that they will become Wikipedians.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|1 event||1 event||Our first international on person edit-a-thon structured (granted, organized in a cultural caffè, with refreshment service), as part of the global campaign Art and Feminism.|
|17 partecipants||20 partecipants attended||20 people confirmed their presence, but we were in 17.|
|14 editors||11 new editors||All the participants were interested in the topic, someone could not edit because used tablet or smartphone|
|13 new articles||13 new articles||1 article was up to deletion, 3 articles are considered not enciclopedic. Articles created or improved are listed here|
|70% female||70% female presence||We had twenty, thirty and fourty age people.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Outreach tool. Glad to have known this useful tool.
- Facebook event, Twitter account, to promote this on social media.
- Participants interest, most of all female.
- The wikifacilitator's help.
- We had a list to start and all the articles were checked in advance in notability and sources.
- Presentation and translated A + F slide.
- The echo of the event in the press. Press review
- The great collaboration among the other event organizers and the help of Wikimedia Italia.
- What did not work so well?
- Not enought time to introduce all the wiki infos to people who knows nothing about this world.
- They had been invited to register before, but someone has not done it.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Next time we will spend more time in an introduction to Wikipedia.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
From the 280EUR of the grant (money I have received) we supported these expenses:
- poster 11 pieces + flyers 60 pieces + 30 bookmarks = 35,00 EUR
- certificate of attendance 30 pieces + 1 marker + 1 post-it = 17,00 EUR
- refreshment (cookies, the, drinks and snaks) = 120,00 EUR
Total = 172 EUR (including VAT)
Rest (280 - 172 EUR) = 108 EUR
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes, we have 108 EUR remaining funds.
We want to give back the remainig funds.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
We want organize an art+feminism editathon next year. We had a great help from Wikimedia Italia and there was a great collaboration among wikipedians who organized the same event in Italy.