Grants:Project/Rapid/The most influential medical journals, according to Wikipedia: JIMR paper/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes and yes! Our article was published, open access, in a prime peer-reviewed scholarly journal. https://doi.org/10.2196/11429
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Citations||Our article has amassed over 10 citations (excluding self-citations) since January 2019 (Google Scholar - https://scholar.google.com/scholar?start=0&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&sciodt=0,5&cites=11941154827417407783&scipsc=).||The target was reached|
|AltMetric Attention||The article had the number 1 out of 128 AltMetric score for outputs of a similar age in the journal. Overall, the AltMetric score was in the 98th percentile and in the top 5% of all research outputs ever tracked. https://dimensions.altmetric.com/details/54113410#score||The target was reached|
|News coverage||Cochrane, arguably the world’s leading evidence-based medical knowledge translation organisation mentioned our paper. https://www.cochrane.org/news/cochrane-wikipedia-partnership-2020||The target was reached|
|Conference presentation||The academic conference presentation (https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/sites/default/files/assets/document/Academia_Wikipedia_programme_MaynoothUniversity_2.pdf) resulted in the exchange of ideas with international researchers. These ideas influenced subsequent research collaborations and output.||The target was reached|
|Wikimedia||Our article achieved featured status in the July 2019 Wikimedia Research Newsletter. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Newsletter/2019/July||The target was reached|
What worked well? What didn't work so well? What would you do differently next time?:
- The multidisciplinary perspectives enabled the generation of powerful insights from the largest such study, at the time.
- The unfortunate block of one researcher led to the sourcing of alternative funding at very short notice.
- In future, collaborating with the Wikimedia Research team to glean insights across languages that can further empower readers and contributors.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Open access article charges (including bank transaction costs) = 1 078.09 Euros (at 1 Euro = 1.13250 $US)
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- Thank you for approving this grant.