Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
The project went well and I was happy with the way it turned out. Because of the project, there's more free content on the subject of heritage culture monuments. This project has uploaded close to 500 photos from the festival to Commons. The photos have been donated by two contributors. Several contributors have participated in identifying subjects, adding metadata and heritage-ID, and adding the photos to articles. Many of the photos entered the Wiki Loves Monuments competition (WLM), and three images made the final cut of ten photos. The winner photo of WLM Norway was taken during this festival.
- Number of events : 1 festivals
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: More than 100
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Added more than a hundred photographs to Commons||504 photographs added to Commons|
|Improved quality on Wikidata||Updated Wikidata on objects that are related to the maritime festival.||I don't have tools available to measure the effect directly. I have contributed to updating several datasets related to maritime subjects, including shipbuilders, operating companies, ships and official status as culture heritage monuments.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- There was sufficient time to cover the festival. The three days were spend at various events and locations which increased the contribution.
- Getting a hotel room with a view of the bay gave a great view of boats arriving and a unique perspective. A lot of content was created by photographing the participants from the hotel room.
- After the festival, there's been an improvement in Wikidata entries. There's a potential for better accuracy on Norwegian heritage monuments. I have some thoughts on this and will bring this with me and apply it to future projects.
- What did not work so well?
- There can always be better involvement and more contributors, but considering the small language scope, I'm content with the couple of people that joined and improved.
- Not enough attention paid to Wikimedia Norge social media accounts.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Closer involvement with Wikimedia Norge in getting content out on Social media.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
Do you have any remaining grant funds? The grant amount of NOK 12900 not fully spend. The difference between the grand and actual spending was 1804.84. I suggest that the amount of 1804.84 is applied to the Concert photography 2018 grant.
Anything else you want to share about your project?