Grants:Project/Rapid/UG GE/Camera Purchase/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Proceeding from the fact, that the grant was written in December, but the money was received only in March because of technical problems, we were late in implementing some of the goals. But, we are happy to report that we have added other goals to the already known goals, which will be implemented in the near future.
- As a result of our Photowalk through Tbilisi, we were able to add new things to the commons that had not existed before.
- In the near future, we will organize a new Photowalk in which new editors will participate.
- We were able to achieve the goal and interest the existing editors on this part.
- In the near future, UG-GE will hold several international photo contests (WLM, WLE), during which we will add many photos of the cultural heritage and nature of Georgia.
- We will soon organize several Photowalk.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of photos uploaded: approximately 300 over the next 6 months||300 for 28 December 2018||A reference point for 6 months we take the date of purchase of the camera (7 March 2018)|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 100||6||We are actively working on this part|
|Number of articles created/improved: 30||6||We are actively working on this part|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- After transfer funds from the WMF, we were able to quickly acquire all the necessary equipment.
- A few days after the acquisition of the camera, we were able to organize a first Photowalk.
- What did not work so well?
- At the moment we have no problems on this issue.
- What would you do differently next time?
- In the future, we will take into account that in addition to the camera itself, we still need to purchase at the same time its additional lenses. We currently only have one lens.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
per unit (GEL)
per unit (USD)
per unit (GEL)
per unit (USD)
|Actual cost total|
|3||Memory card 1||1||49||20.2||49||20.2||20.2|
|4||Memory card 2||1||33||13.6||33||13.6||13.6|
|Actual cost grand total||850.8 $|
Total project budget: 2137.99 ₾ (845.7 $)
Total amount requested from WMF: 2137.99 ₾ (845.7 $) (20 December 2017, oanda.com)
Total amount received from WMF: 850.7 $
Total amount spent on the project: 850.8 $
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- All expended, there is no surplus.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- Convertion from GEL to USD by 6, 10 and 12 March 2018 (oanda.com)