Grants:Project/Rapid/UG GE/Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 in Georgia/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Wikimedia Community User Group Georgia this year, for the third time in a row, held an international contest "Wiki Loves Monuments". During the contest 42 participants 2 862 photos uploaded. Out of 42 two participants 19 (45%) participants were new.
So, our goals:
- To engage new and existing members of the community: We were completely able to reach this goal, in particular, 42 participants participated in the competition, hence at least 19 participants registered after the start of the competition and became new contestants, and also at least 3 participants participated in the two previous contests.
- To increase the number of freely licensed and quality images of monuments of Georgia to Wikimedia Commons: During the contest, 42 participants uploaded more than 2,000 images, most of them are of high quality, and all photos are distributed under a free license.
- To spread awareness about Wikimedia projects in Georgia: Since we awarded the participants with prize vouchers, interest in the competitions was high both in Georgia and outside of Georgia.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants: 15-20||42||More than we expected!|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 450-500||2 862||Also more than we expected!|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 40-50||296||More than we expected and this number will still grow!|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The process of the contest itself, as well as the evaluation process was successful, without any non-incidental events. We were able to quickly respond to all calls and help all participants in the competition who contacted us. We were also able to quickly get in touch with all winners.
- What did not work so well?
- The only problem we had during the transfer of the prize, in particular, one of the winners was a citizen of the Iranian Islamic Republic. Due to the fact that the United States imposed economic sanctions against Iran, we could not award the winner without the permission of the WMF.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Next time we warn participants in advance who will not be able to receive a prize in case of victory.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|#||Category||Description||Unit||cost (USD)||cost total|
|1||Prize||First place||1||300 $ (USD)||300 $ (USD)|
|2||Prize||Second place||1||200 $ (USD)||200 $ (USD)|
|4||T-shirts||Top-5||5||125 ₾ (GEL)||46.50 $ (USD)|
|5||Banking||(fees and services for a bank account)||—||—||3.88 $ (USD)|
|6||Paper matters||Certificate||-||6 ₾||2.3  $ (USD)|
|Actual cost grand total||552.68 $ (USD)|
Total project budget: 690 $ (USD)
Total amount requested from WMF: 690 $ (USD)
Total amount received from WMF: 695.00 $ (USD)
Total amount spent on the project: 552.68 $ (USD)
Do you have any remaining grant funds? 142.32 $ (USD) in unspent funds.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- http://www.tbcbank.ge/web/ka/web/guest/exchange-rates (25 October 2018)
- http://www.tbcbank.ge/web/ka/web/guest/exchange-rates (8 November 2018)