Grants:Project/Rapid/User:Lafemo 123/Wiki Image Use/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Yes. I am happy with how the project went. Initially, we planned a 3-day event with 30 participants but it was suggested that we do a pilot project and make it a one day event. Eleven people participated but three of them was unable to register an account to participate in the use of images because their IP addrees were caught in a range block. This a major challenge as the people was unable to participate fully.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|If at least 30 people participates (including facilitators)||11 people participated||The 30 participant are the number of people expected to participate if it were a three days event. However, eleven people participated. Although, three people left later to attend another undisclosed event.|
|If at least 10 new editors are recruited||4 new editors were recruited||I am doing a follow up with the new editors to ensure they continue to edit|
|If at least 500 images are used on 100 articles||About 100 images were used on several articles||I took time to explain to the new editors on the process and procedure of uploading pictures on common and this took quite some time|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Timely receive of fund from the Foundation
- The environment of the event was very conducive.
- What did not work so well?
- Problem with account creation for new users. Although, User:Olaniyan Olushola has the account creator user right but he was still still unable to create accounts but if we had informed someone else, prior to the event, we are unlikely to face that troubling challenge.
- What would you do differently next time?
- I will ensure to contact one or more users with account creator user right prior to organizing event. The account creator may help to create the accounts before the event.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
Grant fund spent
This is the total amount of grant fund spent
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Total amount spent|
(Sumtotal : NGN 208992.90 (USD 664.63)).
|1||Food||11||2500||27500||7.97||87.58||This is the cost of food and drinks|
|2||Event space||1||120000||120000||382.16||382.16||This is the cost of event space|
|3||Internet data||1||15000||15000||47.70||47.70||This is the cost of internet data|
|4||Projector||1||13000||13000||41.34||41.34||cost of projector|
|5||Transportation for event facilitators||4||3000||12000||9.55||38.22||This is the cost of transportation for facilitators|
|6||phone calls and local transport||1||6000||6000||19.08||19.08||This cover phone calls and loca;l transport 664.63|
|Grand Total: NGN 193500 (USD 616.24) for the event|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes. I have 48.38 USD (NGN 15191.32) left.
- Yes, I like to use the remaining fund on similar project
Anything else you want to share about your project?