Grants:Project/Rapid/WMDRC/Mois de la contribution francophone RDC 2020/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? Yes, I'm so happy.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
Due to COVID-19, we have split our project into activities. The first one happened during Covid in July 2020, online, and the last one in November 2020.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Recruit new editors||6+||We did run an online WikiGap DRC challenge|
|Train CS Students how to hack MediaWiki software and do technical contribution||15+||In 3 days our participants have learned about the technical aspect of the Wikimedia project and how to get started|
|Increase skills for existing editors||We did run some office hours|
|Add or improve content||35+ articles, 235+ items||The participants have created/added content on Wikipedia, Wikidata...|
|Add audio content using Lingua Libre||-||Unfortunatly we could not run this activity due to time.|
|Translate content into local languages||6 articles in Swahili and 1 in Lingala||Many articles were translated into Lingala and Swahili|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? I'm so happy to see that people (or students) are little by little getting involved in Wikimedia projects. We need to run more and more activities in order to raise awareness.
- What did not work so well? Having organized a Wikimedia-like hackathon, we did neglect the time i.e we did think that everything could just work as planned. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Our attendees needed more time than expected.
- What would you do differently next time? Organize a **pre-hackathon** where we install and/or update everything we'll need in the hackathon
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Internet: 150$ (March) + 100$ (July) + 150$ (November)
- Communication: 50$
- Food 15$ * 3d * 15p = 675$ (November)
- Food (Avril - Mai): $15 * 6d * 3p = $270
- Food (March): 15$ * 1d * 15p = 225$
- Award price: 300$
- Misc: $65 (cancellation fees)
Do you have any remaining grant funds? N/A
Anything else you want to share about your project?