Grants:Project/Rapid/WMDZ/Wiki loves Africa and Monuments/Report
This is the First Report Grant requested
WikiDZ (Algerians Wikimedia UG) organize under their proper funds all thees contest befor, since 2013 WikiDZ arganize small events and create buzz at socialmedia and distribute little swags / stickers and diplomas
WLM 2017 Algeria Winners
WLA 2017 Algeria Winners
WorkShop How to Upload a photo in Commons with Creative Commons Licence at Oran
Zenstar and his brother the 1st winner of Wiki Loves Monuments Algeria 2017
Presentation of Wiki loves Monuments and Africa Contest
- Photo Exibition At Close ceremony Formation Formateurs Photo (7).jpg
06 meterial Advertising
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Wiki love Monuments and Wiki Loves Africa are a huge activity for WikiDZ
we have targeted 4 goals:
- Add more images and improve related articles or creating articles.
- Recruit and train new editors.
- Engage existing editors.
- Create awareness about the Wikimedia movement .
in conclusion, we are really happy; this contest creates an activity around wikimedia projects between Algerians and it is a positive return for us, which allows us to do more.
Please report on your original project targets. Wiki loves statistics in Algeria
|Contest year||Uploads||Images used in the wikis||Uploaders||Uploaders registered after competition start|
|Wiki Loves Africa 2017 Algeria||289||---||---||---|
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants 60||Total of Participants 117 include 85 (72%) of new users||We Think that Banner, Facebook advertising and the prizes attracted new uploaders the old ones did not come back because the previous contests did not provide any gifts|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons 1000||760 Pictures recieved||Wiki Loves Africa is better than WLA 2014/2015/2016. Wiki likes Monuments have regained growth after 3 years of decommissioning; We have extended the WLM by 15 days because we have received the grant lately.|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects 10 %||174 (23%)||the poor quality of the (Algeria's) photos existing in some article of wikipedia pushes the users to use the new photos freshly extracted from the competitions photos which is remarkable for the contents algeria|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The contest that the group organizes has a good reputation. - We have experimented with photo essays and it's a great success while Wiki loves Africa The photo exhibitions have a positive impact on the public, so much so that the French institute d'oran, one of our exhibition venues, has posted the photos of the WLA for nearly 2 months. while it was planned just a week.
- What did not work so well?
- We eliminated almost 30 to 40% of the photos of the contest because they were without free rights or of bad quality or off subject.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We will organize photo expeditions with local photo clubs to increase the quality of photos and target photo-fans who know how to take quality photos
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
The usergroup recieved $1997,10 into CND2461,91 that amount was changed into local curency DZD221900,00 . The rate was DZD1 = $0.009.
|Number||Item description||Total DZD (Local Curency)|
|1||Connectivity for sharing internet and communication||7 000,00|
|2||Social Media campaign||1 997,55|
|3||Break (Beverage + Food) for Close Ceremony||5 000,00|
|4||Print Photos Hight Quality (for Exibition)||8 750,00|
|5||Prizes 1st places||95 000,00|
|6||ream of paper and office supplies for Workshops and presentations||2 655,00|
|7||Materiel for Print (Printers + cartridges) for diplomas, leaflets, flyers and other documents||26 200,00|
|8||Prizes 2nd places||50 000,00|
|9||Prizes 3rd Places||24 500,00|
|TOTAL Actual||DZD221 402,55||$1992,62|
|Total Estimated||DZD221 900,00||$1997,10|
|remaining sum -Variance||DZD497,45||$4,48|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Remaining grant funds : DZD497,45 ($4,48)
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- At the time of writing the report (May 23, 2018) we are waiting for the lucky winners of the 2nd WLM Prize and the 3rd WLA Prize Winner to award them their prizes.
- We have reduced the value of prizes to allow the purchase of a printer and be able to promote contests on social networks. This did not exceed 11.80 % of the total budget allocated by WMF.