Grants:Project/Rapid/WMROMD/1lib1ref 2019 in Romania and Moldova/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
We have reached our goals in Romania, as good contacts allowed us to contact a large number of librarians. We were unable to do any events in Moldova, as we are currently missing our only member there and no other member of the community stepped up to organize. This is a significant improvement from last year and a good starting point for future events in the fall and next year.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|6 events||3||All events planned for Romania have been achieved.|
|90 participants||79||42 in Bucharest, 22 in Galați, 15 in Argeș|
|90 new editors||74||same as above, minus repeat|
|200 articles||53 edited and created articles and drafts (3 of which have been deleted since)||See the lessons learned|
|0 repeat participants||at least 5||We are aware of 5 librarians who participated in the Bucharest and Pitești or Galați events, but some continued to edit online|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Contacts from the librarian communities allowed us to reach a large number of librarians
- All the participants in the local events (Pitești and Galați) were prepared with reliable sources.
- We had at least 5 repeat participants and 3 (as far as we could track) who continued to edit online.
- Some of the users uploaded self-made photos
- What did not work so well?
- No events in Moldova. While this is sad, it happened for objective reasons (retired user) and we don't feel there is anything we could do about it
- Unfortunately, in Bucharest there have been a significant number of participants which were forced to participate (according to their own statements) and therefore showed little interest to actually finish the article creation. For the rest, using wikipedia was a huge leap and we were unable to reach the 2-article target.
- Many users already had a subject in mind when they came to the events, which means that some of the articles were considered non-notable. We didn't want to force our prepared lists upon the users, but we might try to be more clear in our communication in future events
- What would you do differently next time?
- Concentrate on county libraries more than the National Library
- Be more clear about the existence and importance of the article list
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Food and drink for 2 events (Galați, Pitești) = $ 54.84
- Promotional materials (posters, banner, t-shirts, brochure, pins, stickers, certificates etc.) = $ 138.87
- Participation of the WMROMD representatives in Romania
- Travel by car/train = $ 49.3
- Meals and incidentals: = $ 7.95
- Travel by car/train $ 25.63
- Meals and incidentals: = $ 7.27
Total = $ 285.02
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Total remaining funds = $ 450.98
We propose o use the remaining funds for the Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 in Romania
Anything else you want to share about your project? Links: