Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimédiens du Bénin User Group/Wiki Loves Africa 2021 Benin/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Although we haven't achieved all our targets, we are satisfied with our results, for the second time we attend the contest facing COVID-19 challenges. Despite the challenges linked to the COVID-19 pandemic :
- 27 participants attend our activities
- 63 photos are used in the wikis
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
- Wiki Loves Africa 2021 in Benin Statistics : Wiki Loves Africa 2021
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants: 50||27||We didn't get the expected number of participants, despite we had invited enough people.|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 1000+||572||Winning photos from Wiki Loves Africa 2021 in Benin - Best photos from Wiki Loves Africa 2021 in Benin - All photos from Wiki Loves Africa 2021 in Benin. Participants fear going out and take pictures, even when we've organized photowalk activities.|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 50+||63||Target reached. We'll continue using pictures on Wikipedia during the oncoming WPWP project.|
|50+ will be categorized as valued, quality, or featured||11 Quality images||We didn't get enough Quality images among the uploaded photos. Check our quality images via Petscan.|
|Number of participants (Writing activities): 20||22||Target reached|
|Number of articles created or improved: 20||22||Each participant had been affected an article to create or improved.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The mobilization of participants during the in real life sessions of workshop, training, upload and editathon
- The commitment of participants motivated by the desire to win a prize
- The media coverage gave more visibility to the contest and our activities on several social media pages
- Reinforcing Partnership with Campus Numerique francophone de Cotonou
- Awareness-raising in Cotonou and Abomey-Calavi allowed the participation of more professional photographers than previously
- The adaptation and precautions to solve the COVID-19 issues
- What did not work so well?
- Bad internet connexion sometimes during uploading session
- Participants would like outgoings or photo walk sessions
- We would like more number of professional photographers within the participants
- No local sponsors
- Institut Français du Benin was closed during the period due to COVID and we weren't able to organize activities in their library.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Contacting sooner more sponsors and improve the submitted project documents
- Trying to interest more professional photographers
- Involve more participants to online uploading sessions and editathons.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Item||Spent Budget in XOF||Spend Budget in USD||Receipt Available||Comments|
|Events||220,000 F CFA||USD 407.35||Yes||Venue: 160,000 F CFA, snacks: 60,000 F CFA|
|Branding & Stationaries||70,000 F CFA||USD 129.61||Yes||T-Shirts: 40,000 F CFA, Certificate: 30,000 F CFA|
|Communications, Outreach & COVID-19 equipment||360,000 F CFA||USD 666.57||Yes||Transport: 100,000 F CFA, Internet: 110,000 F CFA, Snacks: 50,000 F FCA, Social media promotion: 50,000 F CFA, COVID-19 equipment: 20,000 F CFA, Zoom pro account: 30,000FCFA|
|Closing ceremony||380,000 F CFA||USD 703.60||Yes||1st prize: 100,000 F CFA, 2nd prize: 60,000 F CFA, 3rd prize: 30,000 F CFA, Snacks: 60,000 F CFA, Venue: 130,000 F CFA|
|Bank fees||29,712 F CFA||USD 55.01||No||Wire and currency conversion fees|
|Total||1 059 712 F CFA||USD 1,962.14|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
No funds was left
Anything else you want to share about your project?
We would like to thank all the team for allowing us to making this contest happen in our country, during this period of progressive unlock atmosphere.