Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimédiens du Bénin User Group/Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 in Benin/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? Wikimédiens du Bénin User Group has organized in 2021, the first edition of Wiki loves folklore photo contest in Benin. Thanks to our local community, although the COVID-19 impact, we've reached some of our goals. The contributions helped to improve the quality of Benin folklore and culture photos on Wikimedia Commons, and articles about folklore in Benin on Wikipedia. Due to the COVID pandemic, some of the activities were online and the participants of in-person activities were reduced to fit our national guidelines. Overall, we are satisfied with how the project went.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|30 people participates||42 participants||Goal reached.|
|1000 images are uploaded to Wikimedia Commons||858 uploaded photos||The annual celebration of the folklore in Benin is the National Vodoun Festival which is celebrated on january 10th each year. The competition was held after that date. The participants did not have the opportunity to take enough pictures. But they are informed to make arrangements for the next edition.|
|20 participants in editing||33||Goal reached|
|20 articles created or improved||67||Goal reached|
- All uploaded photos - Category:Images from Wiki Loves Monuments 2020 in Benin
- Winners photos - Category:Winners of Wiki Loves Monuments 2020 in Benin
- Wiki loves folklore in Benin 2021 on Outreachdashboard
- Wiki loves folklore in Benin 2021 project page
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
We are satisfied with the number of participants and the variety of photos we've got for this first time.
- What did not work so well?
We didn't reach our goal of 1000 photos uploaded. Wiki loves Folklore is not yet available on https://wikiloves.toolforge.org/. We have not been able to count the number of photos used in other projects.
- What would you do differently next time?
We'll start our promotion and information actions earlier, in order to have more pictures taken during the National Vodoun Festival day.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Prices (1st price : 100 000 FCFA, 2nd price : 50 000 FCFA, 3rd price : 25 000 FCFA, Best contributor price : 25 000 FCFA) = 200 000 FCFA
- Venues : 310 000 FCFA for meetups and Awards ceremony
- Snacks and drinks : 120 000 FCFA for meetups and Awards ceremony
- Branding & Stationaries : 75 000 FCFA for tee-shirts and certificates
- Internet connection at events 25000 x 4 : 100 000 FCFA
- Internet and social media promotion : 50 000 FCFA
- COVID-19 equipment : 30 000 FCFA
- Grand Total = 885 000 FCFA
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
No funds was left
Anything else you want to share about your project?
This contest is a great opportunity for us to share the rich folklore in Benin. But we've faced restrictions about copyright in Benin. We'll try to have for next time, authorizations with our ministry of culture.