Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community Arusha/Monthly Edit-a-thons 3/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? I am happy with how the project went as I met all the project goals
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events - 2||Number of events - 2||Target achieved|
|Number of participants - 30||Number of participants - 39||Target achieved|
|Number of new editors - 3||Number of new editors - 9||Target achieved|
|Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - 25||Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - 30||Target achieved|
|Number of articles created or improved - 60+||Number of articles created or improved - 337||Target achieved|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? All the project's targets were achieved
- What did not work so well? There is a gender gap in participation that I have identified overtime. More men volunteers tend to participate in the events than the women.
- What would you do differently next time? I am working on scaling two women who have experience with the Wikimedia movement so as they could run events that are gender specific to call for a greater women participation in Arusha and Tanzania at large.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Food - 1,270,000 TZS
- Tea, Drinks and Bites - 630000 TZS
- Internet - 180000 TZS
- Local Transport (for the participants and event organizers while making arrangements for the events) - 1200000 TZS
- Venue - 260,000 TZS
- Stationary and Graphics Designing - 200,000 TZS
- Communications(Data,call and sms bundles for the organizers) - 150000 TZS
- Router rent (for internet sharing during the events) - 100000 TZS
- Laptop rent(for participants with no laptops at least 4 laptops) - 120000 TZS
- Tshirts - 175000 TZS
- Total = 4,285,000 TZS
Do you have any remaining grant funds? There are no remaining grant funds
Anything else you want to share about your project? Here is the link to the project's outreach dashboard