Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Community Arusha/Swahili Wikipedia Translation-a-thon 1/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? I met all the goals and I am so happy with how the project went
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events -3||Number of events -3||Target achieved|
|Number of participants -20||Number of participants -32||Target reached|
|Number of new editors -7||Number of new editors -8||Target reached|
|Number of of articles created or improved - 60||Number of of articles created or improved - 376||Target reached|
|Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) -13||Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) -25||Target reached|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? More people from the Arusha community became aware of the Wikimedia Movement and were willing to participate in the project. Also the existing editors were happy to help the new editors making the project a success.
- What did not work so well? The expected number of participants was minimal compared to the actual turn-up number.
- What would you do differently next time?
I will put more expectations on the number of the people in order to well budget for the project
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Food - 1,200,000 TZS
- Tea, Drinks and Bites - 600,000 TZS
- Internet - 150,000 TZS
- Local Transport (for the participants and event organizers while making arrangements for the events) - 1,397,000 TZS
- Venue - 240,000 TZS
- Stationary and Graphics Designing - 300,000 TZS
- Communications(Data,call and sms bundles for the organizers) - 225,000 TZS
- Tshirts - 175,000 TZS
- Router rent (for internet sharing during the events) - 150,000 TZS
- Laptop rent(for participants with no laptops at least 4 laptops) - 180,000 TZS
- Total - 4,617,000 TZS
Do you have any remaining grant funds? There is no remaining funds
Anything else you want to share about your project? Here is a link to the outreach dashboard for the project https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/Wikimedia_Community_Arusha/Wikipedia_Translationathon_Arusha/home