Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia UG Nigeria/Wiki Loves Women Radio Program/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
The goal was partially met.
In term of new members, we were able to meet this goal. Because the medium(radio) used for this project is very popular among the majority of Nigerian population . Our partner have over 2million listeners base. Therefore, an average of 2 million radio listeners follow the program each week.
However, we were unable to create so much articles as planned in our impact because majority of our women lack reliable sources. And where there are reliable sources they may not be verifiable.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of total participants= 20 new editors are recruited||
Wikimedia Northern Nigeria
|To create awareness and promote Wikipedia Projects in Nigeria||Each episode is dedicated to teaching of a Wikipedia Concept with over 2 Millions listerner across Nigeria. See the Link [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Women_Radio_Program||OTRS team are expected to release all the deleted files from the 1st episodes because we have sent letter of permission to them.|
|Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)= 50 new articles are created||
|only 11 out of 50 were created due to inability to meet minimum notability criteria for most of the women.|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)= 13||9 Photos uploaded|
All the photos of our guests re being subejected to Copy right wiolation due to permission right.
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable)= 13||This is largely due to copy violarion status of most of the photos uploaded by our community members.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? We have a dedicated member of the community who send invites, make phone calls and relates with the guests on weekly basis.
- What did not work so well? Issue with OTRS permission, OTRS response to our request is generally very slow. 2. Many of the inivted women do not have media coverage while some of their online media coverages are no longer available-dead link, therefore it is difficult to fine any secondary sources to be cited for some of the articles.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We plan to partner with a media house for publication of stories of our invited guest to serve as secondary of information..
- We plan to be taking the photograp of some of the women at the radio station. This will help to upload the photo as "own work" instead of third party. And avoid the need to send letter of permision to OTRS team
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
Breakdown of expenses will be sent to Rapid grants Team
- Transportation for Media Crew- 592
- Refreshment for Media Crew - 592
- Transportation for Guests- 592
- Refreshment for Guest - 117.96
- Telephone Calls- 75
- Total 1970.64
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes, $29.36 USD. We are proposing that the amoiunt should be deducted from our new grant.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
Copy right permission
We are working with the radio station to release the right of the audio to us for usage on Wikimedia projects. Though, we have an MOU that shows that the project belongs to the two of us. Yet many of the users on commons still go ahead to delete the files.
Off Air-Dubs for each week
- Chuckwudire Peace on Wiki Women Radio.ogg
Chuckwudire Peace on Wiki Women Radio
- Adenike Akinsemolu on Wiki Women Radio.ogg
Adenike Akinsemolu on Wiki Women Radio
- Lilly Aninyei on WikiWomen Radio.ogg
Lilly Aninyei on Wiki Women Radio
- Omolola Itayemi on Wiki Women Radio.oga
Omolola Itayemi on Wiki Women Radio
- Isimeme Ejodame-Whyte on Wiki Women Radio.ogg
Isimeme Ejodame-Whyte on Wiki Women Radio
- Maria Cruz (WMF) on Wiki Women Radio.ogg
Maria Cruz (WMF) on Wiki Women Radio
- Bolatito Akinremi on Wiki Women Radio.ogg
Bolatito Akinremi on Wiki Women Radio
- Prudence NgoziOnyejiaka on Wiki Women Radio Program.ogg
Prudence NgoziOnyejiaka on Wiki Women Radio Program.ogg
- Francesca Onomari Uriri on Wiki Women Radio.ogg
Francesca Onomari Uriri on Wiki Women Radio
- Adaora Mbelu Dania on Wiki Women Radio.ogg
Adaora Mbelu Dania on Wiki Women Radio
- Yetunde Ojetula on Wiki Women Radio.ogg
Yetunde Ojetula on Wiki Women Radio
- Idia Aisien on Wiki Women Radio.ogg
Idia Aisien on Wiki Women Radio