Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in Cameroon/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? Our goals were mostly achieved beyond our expectations.
- The competition was attended by new contributors from regions such as North, Center and Southwest.
- Several new sites were covered
- Great communication on social networks
- Support of project partners (Fondation Orange, Prunet Photo Labs)
- Presence of some authorities at the closing ceremony
- 403 uploads by 27 participants
- 56 images helped to illustrate Wikipedia articles : Statistics in Cameroon
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|1 event||7 events||In conjunction with the closing ceremony, 6 jury sessions|
|6 upload session||5 events||Sessions held in the cities of Douala and Yaoundé, several sensitization with photographers' associations in Douala.|
|1 closing ceremony||1||Closing ceremony coupled with the photo exhibition and prize-giving was covered by the media (press and television)|
|6 Photo outings||Several participants were supported for raids in some sites|
|More than 500 photos uploader||403||Very few photos but several new sites covered|
|30 participants||27 participants||Mostly new participants (nearly 70%)|
|15% distinct photos used in Wikipedia||13%|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- A working session was held later with the delegate of culture for a possible partnership for other projects.
- The communication on the social networks made it possible to reach all the participants even the distant ones c. Participation of people who are very active came from the South-West and Central regions (2 of 3 winners came from South-West)
- Pictures of several new sites were taken.
- The closing ceremony was a big event that allowed us to talk about the User Group
- Support from new partners: Fondation Orange and Prunet Photo Labs
- Great mobilization of the organization team
- Support on illustration of Wikipedia articles
- Several articles produced (press, internet, TV)
- Press conference organized at the closing ceremony
- Printing a document presenting the competition and the winning photos
- Provision of the room for the photo exhibition
- The winning photos were exposed for 2 weeks
- What did not work so well?
- Delay in project launch due to late funding
- What would you do differently next time?
- Increase the number of prizes for the winners
- Reinforce awareness in new cities
- Train the best after the competition
- Seeking new local partnerships
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Item||Spent Budget in XOF||Spend Budget in USD||Receipt Available||Comments|
|Awards for participants||233 000 frs CFA||$407,75 USD||Yes||The 3rd prize has not been awarded|
|Gifts for jury members||45 000 frs CFA||$78,75 USD||Yes|
|Transport and jury sessions||40 000 frs CFA||$70,00 USD||Yes||Transportation for the jury deliberation session and the closing ceremony|
|WLE photo expedition||70 000 frs CFA||$122,50 USD||Yes||3 teams of photographers made the trip in 4 regions of Cameroon|
|Transport of volunteers||54 000 frs CFA||$93,96 USD||Yes||Presence of Eugene coming from Yaounde|
|Session in Buea||59 000 frs CFA||$103,25 USD||Yes||Without taxi tickets. Internet credit: 20,000 FCFA - $35 USD, Snacks : 7 000 Fcfa - $12,25 USD|
|Session in Yaoundé at Goethe Institut||48 000 frs CFA||$84,00 USD||Yes||Without taxi tickets. Snacks : 17 000 Fcfa - $29,75 USD|
|Session in Douala||76 000 frs CFA||$133,00 USD||Yes, Video projector rental = 50 000 Fcfa - $87,50 USD|
|Press Conference||40 000 frs CFA||$70,00 USD||Yes||Transport costs for journalists|
|Tee Shirts (Participants and volunteers)||125 200 frs CFA||$219,10 USD||Yes||Amount revised upwards to the design|
|Award ceremony, exposition and posters||219 500 frs CFA||$384,13 USD||Yes||Amount revised upwards to the design|
|Total||1 009 700 frs CFA||$1 766,44 USD|
The Fondation Orange has taken over the production of 300 A5 brochures : Wiki Loves Earth 2018 in Cameroon Catalog. Prunet Photo Labs produced Roll Up and Banner.
Do you have any remaining grant funds? Yes, About 25 300 frs CFA - $44,02 USD
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- Awards and closing ceremony