|Hours:||Full time (40 hours per week)|
|Monthly salary:||1.800,00 €/month (net), 3.300,00 €/month (gross)|
|Reporting to:||Staff Comission (Board + at least 2 members not in the Board)|
|Purpose of job:||Contribute to the design, planning, coordination and execution of projects and activities jointly with partners and volunteers for materializing and ensuring the viability of the values and mission of Amical Wikimedia.|
- Contribute to the design, planning, coordination and execution of projects and activities jointly with partners and volunteers.
- Evaluate the viability, resources and staff requirements of the planned activities and counsel the Board about these matters.
- Advise the Board and the rest of the organization in the definition of activities that could fit the ongoing Strategic Plan.
- Represent the organization in front of current and future partners with the knowledge and agreement of the Board.
- Look for enrolling, engaging and making grow volunteers, both newbie and experimented ones, in activities and projects from the very beginning in their design and definition up to their conclusion and follow-up.
- Ensure the self-sustainability of projects, so partners and volunteers can become fully empowered and assume major or full initiative in upcoming related activities. This can allow exploring other collaborations which their entry cost may be too time-consuming for volunteer profiles.
- As far as there is no other profile involved, favor and lead that experiences and activities where involved may eventually contribute to indexable, open-access scientific or academic publication.
- Coordinate with other profiles in order to ensure a correct management of the organization, a suitable internal and external communication, without actually assuming these tasks, but especially by pointing any aspect or repercussion linked to any ongoing and future projects.
- Explore and advise the Board about any new source of funding that can safeguard both the sustainability of projects and of the very organization. Help, write and/or coordinate in the paperwork associated to grants and other sources of funding.
- 20%. Community and volunteer engagement and growth. Online and offline design and discussion of activity plans, internal trainings and wiki personal development plans. Support and promotion of Wikimedia social meetups or related events.
- 40%. Partner outreach and collaboration. Arrange and hold meetings with partners, design together with them common actions, support joint activities and ensure a follow-up from them for warranting a long-lasting impact.
- 30%. Activity design, documentation and research. Sum-up and review experiences with volunteer and partners for designing better projects and metrics in the future. Follow and participate in global Wikimedia events related to the ongoing and future initiatives to exchange and incorportate newer trends in everyday activities. Translate outcomes into knowledge that can be useful and transformative for a wider community.
- 10%. Reporting, coordination, funding paperwork and support to the Board and other profiles of the organization.
Time is shared among the different programs according to their current state of self-sustainability. However, time is likely to be prioritised for the coordination of GLAM & Content activities as a central core of partnership development.
Management and reporting
The job is under the supervision of a Project development Commission, participated by the Board and two observing organization members. Communication is through a suitable email alias with the full Commission and an instant communication group (Signal group) shared between the Board and the employee for daily purposes. At any time, at least 2 Commission members are committed to fast response actions for any case of urgency requested by the employee. Besides, an organised Deck with all duties and projects is stored and weekly updated in an internal cloud server, as a control board for organisational purposes and as a legacy of the work done and the work to do.
The employee provides periodically the Commission in a technically suitable manner a no later than one week account of his/her activities and progresses and, at the same time, any demands for ensuring their development in the upcoming days. At least a regular monthly online and/or presencial meeting is scheduled between the employee and the Comission.
Finally, a monthly summary report of the employee activities and meetings is prepared and sent through the internal mailing list, with the purpose of transparency and to be discussed among the members of the organization in order to receive feedback and general audit.
Internship student (implementation not confirmed)
|Hours:||Part-time (20 hours per week, 4 months)|
|Monthly salary:||Cost-free (to decide possible voluntary stipendium of approx. 400,00€/month)|
|Reporting to:||Communication comission (at least 2 Board members + at least 2 members of the Communication team not in the Board)|
|Purpose of job:||Contribution to the communication purposes and renewal of outreach materials|
The implementation and stipendium decision will need the approval of Amical Wikimedia members via Assembly (open voting period + ratification in the General Assembly). In case of approval, negotiations with the Faculty of Communication Studies of the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) will begin to devise a 4-month cost-free internship position, which is currently part of the mandatory learning within Bachelor degrees in Spain. This position would emerge from the existing official agreement between UAB and Amical Wikimedia and may enhance further collaborations.
- Contribute to the design of communication materials for the upcoming activities or events in order to foster public participation: social media posts for Instagram & Facebook, posters for events, etc.
- Conceptualisation and design of merchandising and learning materials for #Eduwiki and #Bibliowikis programmes.
- Collaborate to maintain the renewed website with the addition of new posts, galleries, videos and design updates, as well as the design of a new internal periodical newsletter for our members.
- Lead the design, recording and final assembly of new videos that would replace currently available Help guidelines for Catalan Wikipedia.
- 40%. Design and development of new videos for the basic help pages of Catalan Wikipedia.
- 25%. Creation of posters, videos, and other posts for the diffusion of our activities and events.
- 15%. Design and assembly of new learning materials and few possible merchandising for educational purposes.
- 15%. Design of the periodical newsletter template and minor updates of the website.
- 5%. Internal general communication of the work done to the members of Amical Wikimedia.
Video creation as an engaging tool for the Help and social media will be prioritised, with the other duties as complementary for a whole learning outcome of the student and diversification of roles.
Management and reporting
The job will be supervised by the already existing Communication Commission, participated by at least 2 members of the Board and 4 observing organization members involved in communication processes. Communication will be through a suitable email alias with the full Commission and the university supervisor. An instant communication group (Signal group) for Outreach purposes will be also used in a daily basis. At any time, at least 2 Commission members (a board member and one of the Community Managers of the social media accounts) will be committed to fast response actions for any case of urgency requested by the intern. Besides, an organised Deck with all duties and projects will be stored and updated in a wekely fashion in Amical Wikimedia internal cloud server, as a control board for organisational purposes and as a legacy of the accomplished and pending work in case other internship students may participate in the future.
The intern would provide a periodical account of their activities and progresses and, at the same time, any requests to keep on with the assigned tasks for the upcoming days. This reporting will be done in a technically suitable manner no later than two weeks. At least two regular monthly online and/or presencial meeting are scheduled between the intern and the Commission for any follow-ups and academic requirements.
Finally, a monthly summary report of the intern activities and meetings is prepared and sent through the internal mailing list, with the purpose of transparency to be discussed among the members of the organization in order to receive feedback and general audit.