Grants:TPS/Afifa Afrin/Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017
This had been a submission to the Wikimedia Participation Support process, but was withdrawn or otherwise cancelled (not denied).
I am an active wikipedian with expertise in Gender and only female member of Wikimedia Bangladesh. I have had a partial scholarship acceptance in wikipedia Diversity conference. This diversity conference will allow me to meet other community's wikipedians and talk about the issue of Gender. I will be sharing my experience about mainstreaming Gender issues in Bengali wikipedia.
Goal and expected impact
As a result of my discussion, participants will be aware of how gender issues are considered in Bengali wikipedia, what are the challenges for women and girls in developing countries like Bangladesh to contribute in wiki projects. I can contribute to enrich discussions and enrich my knowledge. Again my attained knowledge in this conference will be an asset for my community to take further Gender action.
- Travel (round trip airfare from Dhaka to Stockholm): USD 1,062.86
- Visa fee: USD 95
- Local travel charge: USD 90
Note: a. As I live in Comilla, I need to visit Dhaka multiple times for visa and flight purposes.
- b. Organizer will arrange meal and accommodation during the conference.
- c. Visa fee details in local currency.
- I would like WMF to book cheapest flights for me.
- I was granted a partial scholarship that covers accommodations, participation fees and partially the travel expenses (287 USD).