Welcome back from Wikimania 2017!
Option 1: Shared Experience For my first participation at Wikimania, I took part in 34 activities out of more than 180, roughly 18%. These 34 activities were split over the learning days (pre-conference) and the other three days of the Wikimania conference itself. I wrote a detailed report featuring the interactions mades, the lessons learned and perspectives to come. The report is avaible at: Wikimedia Community User Group Côte d'Ivoire/Reports/Côte d'Ivoire at Wikimania 2017
- Met Tighe Flanagan (WMF), Nicole Saad from WikiEducation program
- Attended the WikiEducation lunch
- Made a presentation about the pilot phase of Wikipedia Education in Côte d'Ivoire.
- Presented about the constraints and opportunities of GLAM-WIKI in a West African context
- Discussed with Alex Stinson (WMF)
- Cross experience sharing with Wikimedia Italy members regarding GLAM: Lucia Marciano and Felippo
- Met Daniel Bogre from WikiTongues
- Discussed with Hugo Lopez from LinguaLibre
- Learned about Wikipedia Akitamekw
- Brazil, Macedonia, France, South Africa, Columbia, Chile, India, AfroCrowd
- Wikimedia Canada: While attending their general elective assembly, we seized the occasion to send our User Group board's regards, congratulate them for hosting Wikimania 17, and expressing our wish for further collaboration.
- Participated in Movement strategy questions and answers on August 13th as panelist. This panel gathered representatives from all tracks of the strategy process (A, B, C and D).
I created some commons categories gathering the presentations I made and the their pictures. I added a bonus: some pitures from the Canadian landscape.
- GLAM in West Africa lightning talk at Wikimania 2017 (around 20 participants)
- Growing a User Group, a roadmap for survival at Wikimania 2017 (around 25 participants)
- Piloting Wikipedia Education talk at Wikimania 2017 (around 20 participants)
- Bonus: Some pictures were taken an uploaded on commons in Category:Wikimedia Côte d'Ivoire visiting Canada. Some of them are below.