Grants:TPS/Ahmed Mohi El din/The 4th International conference for Arabic language/Report
This Wikimedia Participation Support report has been accepted by the Wikimedia Participation Support Committee.To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Ahmed Mohi El din/The 4th International conference for Arabic language.
The 4th International conference for Arabic language
I have met so many people and they were very interested about Wikimedia projects specially Wikipedia education program.
- Mrs/ Amal Ismail writer from UAE
- Dr/ Badr El din Alaly Assistant Secretary-General of the Arab League
- Mr/ Samer Zaghlowl Public relation manger at Arab language center
- Dr/ Mofak Kanfash professor for Arabic language in Barcelona
- Dr/ Ammar Mohamed professor for Arabic language in Turkey
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome of the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants made as a result of attending this event, or to a set of articles that the participants in your workshop created at the event).
One the most important thing is that a lot of People included professors did not know about Wikimedia projects and how it's work but I think I did good job to explain it to them and they were completely interested to explain it to their students, and I hope we can get good result in the near future.
- I working in a project about start Wikipedia education program in the whole Arab countries with the League of Arab States.
- I working to start workshops about "how to edit Wikipedia" for individual groups in UAE
- I working to start workshops about "how to edit Wikipedia" for individual groups about Arab history.
Challenges and lessons
One of my biggest challenges I faced that many professors know nothing about Wikimedia projects, they know Wikipedia, but they did not believe in this encyclopedia and they ask their students to stop using Wikipedia. I discussed with many of them and explained the wiki system to them, asked them to help us improve all the information on Wikipedia or correct the wrong information. I think we have to participate in all the events related to any of Wikimedia projects
- Registration for the conference $250
- Accommodation $1768.01
- the reservation and the payment made by the foundation.
- Transportation inside $40.558
- Food & beverage $70.731
- Fine on the flight ticket $70.956
- Because no one informed me that the flight hour changed to be at 13:00 not 14:00 and there was no contact information for me added to the flight booking.