This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
I'm an Albanian based photographer active on the local hackerspace with a focus on Wikimedia Commons. At "FOSScamp Syros 2017" I will host one workshop on "How to make great photos with your smartphone for Wikimedia Commmons"," Ermoupoli: 360 and Panoramic photos for Wikimedia Commons & Mozilla Web VR project and will also participate on 360photo shooting sessions in Syros during the days of my stay there. In addition, I will document all the other Wikipedia related activities of other Wikipedians and of course will upload all the material in Wikimedia Commons.
Goal and expected impact
As a result of my workshops the people participating will learn how to make great photos with smartphone for Wikimedia Commmons and also how to contribute to Wikimedia Commons with 360' photos. More specifically, please find below the expected outcome of my participation there:
- My workshops are expected to have at least 13 participants;
- As a result of my workshops I will upload at least 50 photos 360' degres in Wikimedia Commons related to Syros and Ermoupoli.
- In addition, I will upload at least 200 photos (non 360 degrees) in Wikimedia Commons related to Ermonopuli, Syros and the monuments of culture there.
- Part of my work at FOSScamp will also be the documentation of workshops related to Wikimedia of other participants.These photos can be hopefully used to promote other such activities in the future.
- Travel (round trip with bus from Tirana to Athens and Athens to Tirana) ( http://albatrans.al ) : 50 Euro
- Travel (round trip with ferry from Pireaus to Syros and Syros to Pireaus ) ( https://hellenicseaways.gr/en/ ): 63 Euro
- Accommodation: Euro 15 per night x 7 nights = 105Euro
- Food : Euro 20 per day 7 days=140 Euro
- Participating Fee (https://eventyay.com/e/45352e0a/) =40 Euro
I don't need in advance reimbursment.
involved in some Wikimedia Project. He helped during Wiki Loves monuments with one workshop to explain the participants how to take good pictures of monuments. He also helped during wikipedia weekend second edition with a wiki expedition with a group of students to take pictures around Tirana during 2 days of event. He will do a good job in Syros too. Margott (talk) 18:29, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support I support this application because I belive Andis presence will help participants contribute even more at Wikimedia Commons. Nafie shehu (talk) 18:40, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support I support this application since the Wikimedia Commons workshop and the photo shooting field activities have generated interest from the participants. Leeturtle (talk) 18:49, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support I support this application because Andis as an experienced photographer has not only contributed with photos, but with photos of high quality. The activities he is leading seems quite interesting to gather many participants. Sido uku (talk) 20:14, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- Andis has been an integral part of our community events. Our collaboration has started off as a simple need for having a good photographer during our first OSCAL conference, through the years whilst working together, he got more and more into Freely licensed photography, having contributed hundreds of high quality photos licensed under a Creative Commons license on Wikimedia Commons. I am happy to see more creatives like him embrace the values Wikimedia strives for and having him at FOSSCamp would provide great value for all parties involved. ElioQoshi (talk) 22:11, 15 August 2017 (UTC)