Welcome back from Wikimania 2017!
I participated in the following meetups and talksː
- During preconference days I was present at Collaborative projects of Wikimedia Canada and Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec Scan-a-thon, and would love to organize such event with Armenian National Library or Armenian National Archive.
- Art+feminism, I used to participate in the edit-a tons organized by Art+feminism group during the year and it was nice to see them in Wikimania and listen to their further projects.
- Bassel Khartabil editaton, I created Bassel's bio in hy wiki, later improved it when I was back from Wikimania
- Wikimedians from CEE region had a long and deatiled meeup-discussion on future CEE Meetings, Movement strategic direction.
- Canadian Women Editathon, while at edit-a-thon I only took photos of wikipedians editing topics on Canadian women. When I was at home for 10 days I created an article a day about Canadian Women of different profesions OneWomanADay (Canadian women)
- During dinner time I learned how to upload vidoe to commons and my first attampt can be find here La Joute by Jean-Paul Riopelle
- 100wikidays meetup <3
Of great importance for me wereː Wikidata & arts sessions, GLAM Collaborations, Community: Gender gap, on which I'll continue my wiki actiity.
Wikimania provides a good opportunity to meet old wiki friends and to gain new friends. I was lucky enough to have a roommate who is not only a brilliant wikipedian, walking encyclopedia but a great friend: Vassia Attanesova. I met old friends, met friends with whom we have been working on some projects but Wikimania 2017 helped us to meet in person. They are: Mervet Salman (100wikidays, Levant Women), La Kritzolina & Isabella , Achim Raschka (100wikidays), Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight (Women in Red), Reem Al-Kashif, Andrea Patricia Kleiman (with whome we'll do InterWikiWomen Collaboration), Antoine Beaubien, Asen Stefanov, David Richfield, Farhad Fatkullin.
During Wikimania 2017 together with Camelia Boban (WikiDonne) from Italy and Andrea Patricia Kleiman we arranged to organize a InterwikiWomen colaboration probably in Autumn, 2017 and the Wikipedians from Armenia, Italy and Argentina will create and edit articles about women of the above mentioned countries according to the lists provided .
Together with Wikimedia Espana we arranged to have a new competition among Armenian and Spanish wikipedias. We have held a contest on castles and had a good result which inspires us to do new collaboration now on general topics.
Here you can see photos I captured during Wikimania 2017. My 9-th cycle of #100wikidays is devoted to Canada (Փուլ 9 Canada) and I am so proud of my wikipedian friends: Mervat Salman, inspired with the idea, is doing her following circle of 100wikidays in Arabic.
I am in love with this constructive atmosphere, with so many creative and devoted wikipedians. Wikipedia is power, energy, wiki is love #wikilove.