Grants:TPS/Ayoub Fajraoui/e learning africa 2017
This had been a submission to the Wikimedia Participation Support process, but was withdrawn or otherwise cancelled (not denied).
As Wikimedia TN user Group member,I received an invitation from the organizer team of elearning Africa to present the wikipedia education program. In the workshop we will
- explain why it can be important for learning communities to 'edit' rather than 'tweet' knowledge,
- hold a collective quick editing session,
- present major Wikipedia initiatives in Africa (Wikipedia Education Program in Tunisia, Egypte Ghana, Nigeria, Namibia and South Africa).
- discuss with participants the initiatives, their interest in Wikipedia, possible involvement and benefits from being part of the Wikipedia community.
Goal and expected impact
Fellow educational practitioners in Africa will be alerted on the many benefits a Wiki[m|p]edia assignment has, and on the necessary planning and preparation that should precede its implementation. We will provide an assessment of the speed-editing approach in terms of audience member's interest and involvement. After having invited members to review edits they made in the workshop and see how their edits were treated, We will create a mailing list we will later notify of the changes, then recommend quick-editing tips from Wikipedia guidelines that will help them overcome the challenge and successfully bring into Wikipedia information they consider important.
- Travel (round trip Air France from Tunisia to Mauritius)
- Accommodation: $185 per night X 3 night.
- per diem : $60 X 4
- I believe booking would be cheaper if done in the US. So if you could book it for me, that would be great.
- I need your decision by 20 July. Sorry for the short time frame.
- I would like flights and accommodation booked for me, and registration and participation fees paid.
- This sounds like a good opportunity for a member of the Wikimedia TN user group to represent the Wikimedia movement and the Wikipedia Education Program at this regional event. In addition to Tunisia and Egypt, I know that there are activities that can be included from Ghana, Nigeria, Namibia and South Africa to give more of a regional overview of what's happening all around the continent. I would like to see more growth of Wikipedia outreach activities in this region in particular and know that community voices can play a big part of this. Happy to help support this opportunity in whatever capacity I can. Tighe Flanagan (WMF) (talk) 16:11, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
- Strong support Ayoub is a new wikimedia member but he learn fast , and he has a lot of new idea for the community, and he is able to present the wikimedia community as part of this event Touzrimounir (talk) 10:30, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
- I support this, its a worthy cause and perfect place to share Wikipeia in Education Flixtey (talk) 16:37, 12 July 2017 (UTC)