Welcome back from Wikimania 2019!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- The Dutch Wikipedia is one of the last Wikipedia's that still hasn't turned on the Visual Editor. I've been working on that and discussed next steps again in Stockholm. I met up with a German Wikipedian who organised the vote for the German Wikipedia, to learn from his preparations. At the same time we had some last bugs that needed to be solved on with the image settings on the Dutch Wikipedia, which I could explain and discuss with the developers, so they solved it that same day.
I hope to be organising the final vote this fall.
- The phabricator ticket was finally closed
- we could move on because the default image size was increased
- I'm collecting people that would support turning on VE by default
I always meet so many people!
- Discussed VE with the developers
- Discussed strategy and communications toward the Dutch community with Gereon
- Discussed the possibility of partial block with Nicole: we also talked about the GDPR, anonymous users and hyow changes in the near future would effect the Dutch Wikipedia.
I would have helped with the mentors in the Wikimania Hackathon, but got sick just before the event. With additional funding, WMNL made it possible for me to get a later flight, but still in time for the main conference. I was coordinating the Technical Space, together with Shristi, which was really enjoyable.
I like to assist people and facilitate them in such a way, so that thèy can spread their knowledge. I love helping out and fixing problems and this is what I could do as a space leader, thank you very much!