Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- An update of Wikimania 2016 was given at the Wikimedia ZA AGM in November 2016. The minutes of the AGM can be found here. Although Wikimania 2016 has a short mention in the minutes it was an important and quite lengthy part of the meeting.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Met with other Wikimedians and came up with a new initiative and formed a new team to promote an offline version of Wikipedia for use by medical staff using the internet in a box platform and Kiwix as inspiration.
Made some very important connections within both the Foundation and the broader community. One of the most important was with the technical team on the WMF which later proved useful in connecting them up with the Gapminder team to explore the possibility of incorporating Gapminder data visualisations on Wikipedia. It was also useful in that I was able to make connections with other South African based editors who I would other wise have not met and introduce them to the South African Chapter.