|This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.|
This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
I am a Ghanaian student at the University of Mines and Technology, as an active contributor to Wikimedia Foundation projects and a member of the Wikimedia Ghana User Group. Myself and other editors have organized series of breakout sessions at BarCamp events in Ghana introducing users to Wikimedia foundation projects and how to play a part in this community by contributing to WMF projects. I will be leading a breakout session which is to introduce newbies to Wikimedia Foundation projects as I've done at previous BarCamp events representing Wikimedia Ghana User Group and Wikimedia Foundation as a whole.
Goal and expected impact
After this breakout session introducing Wikimedia Foundation projects such as Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons, peoples understanding about Wikipedia and concepts involved should be more clearer. Also their interest to know more and contribute to these projects should be increased. At least 3 new users should sign up to contribute to Wikimedia Foundation projects. Finally attendees should be willing to join Wikimedia Ghana User Group. Those with keen interest will be able to contact me for more explanation and more on Getting started.
- Travel (round trip lorry fare from Tarkwa to Kumasi): 80 GHS
- Food (In and Out Kumasi): 20 GHS
- Trotro / Taxi in Kumasi: 10 GHS
- Do you need advance disbursement? YES
- I support this project because it'll make impact, just like previous similar events had. Nkansahrexford (talk) 12:22, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
- I support this proposal because it'll make an impact andthe fact that newbies will be introduced. 188.8.131.52 12:52, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
- It will help sensitize the existence of a Wikimedia community in Ghana, recruit new editors and expose them to the Wikimedia Foundation Projects. Flixtey (talk) 14:04, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
- It's a great platform for other people to get to know more about Wikipedia Yibellla (talk) 20:19, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
- The Wikimedia community in Ghana has always educated users at Barcamps and alot of contributors like myself have joined through Barcamps like this one and thus, i find it very necessary. quarshietimothy (User talk:quarshietimothy) 03:34, 19 October 2014 (GMT)
- BarCamps give good exposure always Sandiooses (talk) 10:31, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
- Masssly (talk) 18:56, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
- Jaward (talk)
- Rberchie(talk) Enoch is a very committed Wikipedian and I believe his attendance will promote the furtherance of Wikipedia and other Open Movement in Africa.