|This Wikimedia Participation Support report has been accepted by the Wikimedia Participation Support Committee.To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Magioladitis/CIE2015.|
7th Conference on Informatics in Education (CIE 2015)
I met a lot of educators and teachers in these 3 days. I name the following three:
- Wikimedian and Adult educator Mina Theofilatou for the first time in our lives. We work together the last few years in Wikipedia in Education projects.
- Student P. Malisova who studies about social media and social networks in education and who interviewed me as part of her thesis at the School of Pedagogical and Technological Education entitled "Social Networks in Education: The Greek case via interviews with five educators".
- Educator Dimitris Leventis teacher in Kithira secondary school in Kithira, a Ionian Island who expressed interest in further collaboration.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
The full paper is written in English:
- Marios Magioladitis, Mina Theofilatou, Adult Learners from the Ionian Islands of Corfu and Kefalonia Share Cultural Heritage on Wikimedia Commons and Wiktionary, CIE 2015, pp. 361-370
The submission was published in Conference proceedings (ISBN 978-960-578-010-4)
We also provide
Mina created the following blog entry:
Marios created the following blog entry in the Greek school network:
Mina and Soula uploaded a video with English subtitles
Marios upload a report in his personal blog too:
The talk caught attention and I traveled to Larisa to attend the 1st Congress on new Technologies in Larisa where I distributed Wikipedia leaflets and had the chance to discuss with more educators.
- Flight: 114.65 EUR
- Transportation: 26.92 EUR
- Registration fee: 40 EUR
- Participation fee: 0 EUR
- Accommodation: 0 EUR
- Total of the Athens event: 181.57 EUR
Amount left over
- 0 EUR
- The initial approved grant was up to 280 EUR.
- We, me and Mina, saved 80 EUR in total by paying only 1 registration fee (40 EUR) and no participation fees (2x20 EUR).
- Amount left over used for attending 1st Panhellenic Conference on New Technologies in Larissa October 23-25, 2015. In detail:
- Accommodation: 46 EUR
- Transportation: 53.20 EUR
- Registration fee: 10 EUR
- Total of the Larissa event: 109.20 EUR
- Total: 290.77 EUR
In fact I am 10.77 more than the approved grant which I can cover by my own budget.
- P. Malisova was really interested for our work and she invited me to attend another conference in the city of Larisa October 23-25, 2015, the 1st Panhellenic Conference on New Technologies (http://synedrio.eepek.gr/). Her submission examines positives and negatives experiences teachers had by using Facebook, Wikipedia and Edmondo in teaching process. Her talk references two interviews she had with two teachers who use Wikipedia.
- Since she has interviewed me for her thesis about Wikipedia Education Program she would like me to be there and discuss with more teachers and educators who might be interested in similar projects or have questions about the Wikipedia Education Program.
- I request that I use money up to the agreed limit to travel in Larisa for this conference. The program is available here (unfortunately in Greek). I 'll need approx. 70-95 Euros for the bus/boat tickets and 1 overnight. 10 Euros is the registration fee to the Conference for students. (There is no direct bus routes from Corfu to Larisa during the conference days. Check ). In order to attend the conference I am two night in a friend's house in Trikala, a town nearby. The exact route will be: Corfu-Igoumenitsa-Trikala-Larisa and return Larisa-Trikala-Ioannina-Igoumenitsa-Corfu.