Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
- It was my very first Wikimania I'd ever attended. In my experience, it is an opportunity to deliver our voice with the global community, and even more than that, I found Wikimania as a place of taking over responsibility to forward Wikimedia revolution on the path of progress. It is not only an opportunity and responsibility, Wikimania has become a special platform for me to share and exchange knowledge with the Wikimedians from around the world.
- I've shared my experience in Nepali Wiki Community (in Nepali Language) and in my Blogs (Blog 1 and Blog 2) (in Englesh Language)
- To fill gender gap we are collaborating with Wikimedia Armenia in Interwiki Wiki Women Edit-a-thon.
- After attending session about Wikidata by Assaf I got good knowledge of it, which will be helpful for Wikidata Datathon Program in Nepal in the future.
- After being participate in transwiki.net session by Amir Aharoni along with Nabin K. Sapkota, we planned to organize a ‘’translate edit-a-thon’’ in Nepal.
- Walaa Abdel Manaem (from Egypt Wikimedians) - We discussed about the Wikiwomen Project and also extend the project in all wikimedia chapters internationally in future.
- Saqib (from Pakistan Wikimedians) - We discussed about organizing Wiki Loves Earth and Wiki Loves Monuments Event and also about the expansion of Wiki Loves Earth and Wiki Loves Monuments through social media promotion and graphical presentation.
- Nichole Saad (Program Manager, Wikipedia Education Program) - As She is already helping our UG (Wikimedians of Nepal) on Wikipedia Education Program in Nepal. We discussed about current activities related to Wikipedia Education Program in Nepal. We also discussed about problems we are facing in Nepal and possible solutions.
- Ananya Mondal (from West Bengal Wikimedians UG) - We discussed about organizing Wiki Loves Monuments Event.
- Lodewijk: As I was a organizer for Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 in Nepal, we have worked together on documenting list of monuments in Nepal. It was my first face to face meetup with him in this Wikimania.
- Liang-chih Shang Kuan (from Wikimedia Taiwan)
- Oscar Costero (President Wikimedia Venezuela)
- Ben Vershbow (Wikimedia Foundation)
- James Heilman : After getting Internet -in-a-box from him, we discussed about use and execution of it for educational purposes in remote areas of Nepal.
- Amir Aharoni (Member, Wikimedia Language Committee): Attend a session about the translatewiki.net and planned to organize a translate edit-a-thon.
- Jaluj (from Wikimedia Argentina)- We discussed about people and cultures of both Nepal and Argentina and writing articles related them in our language(i.e Nepali and Spanish).
- More Wikimania 2018 Photos uploaded by myself
- At last, Thank you very much for providing me scholarship to attend Wikimania.