Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
English and Yoruba
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
Punjabi Wikimedians organized a meetup on 4th August 2018 where I shared my learnings from Wikimania 2018. This included sharing about my participation in Decolonize the Internet Conference. I told them about presenting on Introducing Wikipedia to New Wikipedia and being in a panel about Structured Data on Commons. I also shared about attending the Wikisource meetup at Wikimania
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
- This is my first Wikimania and i met a lot of editors in persons.
- I took part in a panel of discusion with Katherine Maher and three other African Wikimedians.
- I mwt Daniel Bogre Udell from Wikitongues. We talked about exporing Lingutic Diversity in Nigeria
- John Cumming introduced me to members of Wikimedia Sweden, who are likely to assist me with input in my current GLAM project.
- I met RUPIKA. the co-founder ofPunJabi Wikimedians. She shared amazing experience about her works. I promised to feature her on our weekly Women Radio programme.
- Maria Cruz, featured live through a phone interview on our weekly women radio program