Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
- I had several meetings with the WikiConference USA, taking the decision during Wikimania to convert the conference into Wikimedia North America Conference 2016 including Mexico and Canada into the event
- I had a follow-up meeting after Wikimedia Mexico's visit to Argentina for Mentoring program with Wikimedia Mexico. We agreed to deploy successful program Wikipuentes in Mexico in the next months.
- Susanna and Arminé Aghayan from Wikimedia Armenia, we agreed to have a simultaneous event on Armenian immigration in Mexico
- Nurunnaby Chowdhury from Wikimedia Bangladesh, we agreed to have joint projects between Bangladesh and Mexico and have a formal agreement for it.
Last year my Wikimania experience was totally different from my attendance to others. I didn't have time to talk and meet new faces because my time was totally devoted to my main duty as Chief Coordinator. So this year my talks with many wikis was about my personal experience and our situation as a chapter after Wikimania and I was happy to spread good news from Mexico into community! I felt so cherished by many colleagues that made me congrats after a year of Mexico City Wikimania :) I had originally planned attend many sessions but my Wikimedia commitments doesn't allowed me to be present in many as I want.
Having in mind one of the original objectives of my attendance to Wikimania, I shared a lot of our experience from Wikimedia Mexico. I received congrats from 72 hours editathon in Museo Soumaya recently held before Wikimania, literally I made my bags closing the editathon! People was curious about logistics, curation of lists and the method behind a long editathon supervised by Guinness Record and I talked about it with several friends.
- I gave a talk "Let's talk about Wikipedia and Net Neutrality" on the Saturday User Digest session with User:Padaguan connected by Skype. After this talk I had connections with people from India because my interest on Internet Digital Rights Advocacy also I was invited to have a talk about this topic on Wikimedia India Conference 2016 by the committee of this event. Unfortunately I can't have by my own a travel to India and was late at that time to have a Scholarship or other Wikimedia travel support.
- Regarding Net Neutrality I had discussions with Jorge Vargas and Jan Erlach from Wikimedia Foundation and we promised to continue the discussion about Wikimedia role on Net Neutrality panorama in the world.
- I had a quick meeting also with Kacie Harold about Wikimedia Mexico plans about resources an planning.
- In my role as Wikimedia Mexico president I attended the Chairpersons Meeting where was present Katherine Maher, Christophe Henner and Nataliia Tymkiv. I talked extensively about this project with Frans Grijzenhout and my personal interest to promote Gender Gap into governance entities of the movement.
- Iberocoop initiative and people: I had an active participation into Iberocoop meetup also I talked with Wikimedia Spain representatives about Iberoconf 2016. Other Iberocoop people that I have talks was: Anna Torres, Giselle Bordoy and Luisina Ferrante, Wikimedia Argentina's staff; Galio, Banfield, Lcrs, Jaluj and Ezarate; Spain: Millars, Rodelar, B25es, 19Tarrestnom65, Tsaorin and Góngora; Warko, B1mbo and Superzerocool (Chile), Oscar . (Venezuela), Vinicius, Vitor Mazuco and Celio (Brazil), Ilario (Switzerland); Ginevra Sanvitale, Andrea Zanni and Iolanda Pensa (Italy)
- Other people that I met: Martin Rulsh, Benoit Rochon, Romaine, Habib M'henni, Mardetanha, Deror Avi, User:Spiritia, Thamizhpparithi Maari, Nahid Soltan, Satdeep Gill, Pratyya Ghosh, Biplab Anand, Sailesh Patnaik, Revi Soekatno, Milos Rancic, Med Bachounda, Walaa Abdei Manaem.
- Other people that I knew for the first time: Xaber Cañas, Montserrat Boix, Mammad Heidarzadeh, Reem Al-Kashif
- Also in my role as a member of Wikimania Committee I had talks with:
- User:Satdeep Gill to talk about Wikimania viability in India
- User:Discott to talk about Wikimania viability in South Africa
- Ryan Merkley, CEO of Creative Commons, to foster CC activities in my country
I actively shared experiences and photos for all the trip in my Twitter personal account and I was the curator of the accounts WeAreWikipedia and their Spanish version SomosWikipedia being one of the most RT and liked during the event in the hashtag #Wikimania2016.
My experience as long time wikimedian and wikimaniac was collected in one of the main newspapers in Italy, La Reppublica in this report by Rosita Ritjano. In fact she take my phrase "Wikipedia is the Wikimedian's Christmas" for title the note. I was also interviewed also by two documentalists from RAI, main public broadcasting station of the country. It will be my fifth Wikimania having interviews about my participation with local media in addition to Buenos Aires 2009, Hong Kong 2013, London 2014 and Mexico 2015.
- This was the first Wikimania that I have the possibility to have my family present on my own, so, it was really special for me :)))
- My photos on Commons about Wikimania 2016
- Also I have pending videos, just edited and uploaded one of my connection flight from Germany to Italy.
- Photos in Commons of me or that I appeared