Grants:TPS/Salvador alc/Third edit-a-thon of Puebla
This had been a submission to the Wikimedia Participation Support process, but was withdrawn or otherwise cancelled (not denied).
- User name
- User location (country)
- Event name
- Third edit-a-thon of Puebla (Tercer editatón de Puebla)
- Event Web site
- Wikipedia: Tercer Editatón de la ciudad de Puebla / Profética
- Event date
- August 31th.
- Event location (city)
- Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
- Amount requested
- $380 USD
- Wikimedia Mexico / Iván Martínez
- Round flight: GDL - PUE - GDL = $155 USD
- Accomodation: $55 USD per night x 3 nights = USD $165 
- Meals: USD $30 per day x 2 days = USD $60
- Total: $380 USD
This event is organized by WMMX and their partners in Puebla, where an important and active community of Wikimedians is growing. This edit-a-thon is expected as an event more complex including a Wikipedia workshop, two round tables about free knowledge and culture and a talk about free licenses. Last is programmed to be given by me as member of WMMX and lawyer. The event is aimed mainly in promote Wikimedia projects among writers.
With this event WMMX want to promote the Wikimedia goals in a land distinct of Mexico's capital and increase the number of volunteers. Besides, other compatible values with Wikimedia movement are promoted also as free licenses and free culture.
Goal and Expected Impact
- Difussion of use of Wikimedia projects among writers.
- Difussion of free licenses among writers.
- Support to a raising Wikimedia community.
- Difussion of Wikimedia's goals inside Mexico but outside of its capital.
- Extend WMMX's supporting people, sympathizers and volunteers.
- Economy class. Volaris
- Arriving August 30th, leaving September 2th. Including taxes. Three nights because there are not flight PUE - GDL on sunday for that reason I'll remain in Puebla until Monday morning. For event I need stay in center of city area, that means higher cost.