This Wikimedia Participation Support request was funded in the fiscal year 2014-15. A report is available.
I am Wikimedian since 2009 and have contributed to Wikimedia projects in various languages. Lately I have been wondering if we can come up with a different project to collect all the Human Folklore. Hence, I came up with a proposal named Wikilore. Besides this, I have experience of using Content Translation and I have taught editors to use Content Translation in the past.
My proposal to present a session about Wikilore and a one-hour workshop on Content Translation at FOSSASIA'16 has been accepted. I hope to motivate some people to edit Wikimedia projects and also I will try to build upon the proposed project.
Goal and expected impact
With my participation at FOSSASIA'16, I will be representing the global Wikimedia movement. I wish to accomplish the following goals if I am given this opportunity to attend this event:
- Discuss the merits and demerits of the proposed project.
- New editors on Wikimedia projects.
- Around 20 new articles using Content Translation in around 10 different languages.
- Feedback about improving Content Translation.
- Travel (round trip airfare from New Delhi to Singapore): USD ~ 400
- Speaker Ticket for the event = USD ~ 230
- Accommodation: USD 75 per night x 4 nights = USD ~ 300
- Food (4 Meals) = USD ~ 100
- Local Trasnport = USD ~ 60
- Visa = USD ~ 22
I will get Access to all event venues, speakers room, lunch, snacks at the event, invitation to the social event with the Speaker Ticket.
- I have no problem if WMF can choose the best flights and accommodation for me.