Grants:TPS/Silva.1994/FOSScamp Syros 2017/Report
FOSScamp Syros 2017
During this event there were many other people who were involved and contributing for the wikimedia project. Some of them were Nafie Shehu, Andis Rado, Redon Skikuli. It was a pleasure to also meet Lior Kaplan from Israel who had also been contributing from the project. There were around 8 people who attended the workshops in each of them, I showed them how easy it was to upload the picture via the Commons App, and especially with geo location open they could also contribute for Wiki Loves Maps. Eva, Elio, Redon, Nafie etc started uploading from their phones right away. I loved the fact that this will also have a future impact since people now can now contribute in a more practical way for Wikimedia Commons.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
Blog post on the event: http://silva.arapi.tech/first-steps-with-the-wikimedia-project-fosscamp-syros-2017/
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome of the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants made as a result of attending this event, or to a set of articles that the participants in your workshop created at the event).
- Food Receipts: 131 Euro
- Participation fee: 40 Euro
- Accommodation fee (Airbnb) : 110 Euro
- Flight Berlin- Athens: 87.5 Euro
- Ferry ticket Athens - Syros: 31.5 Euro
- Ferry ticket Syros - Athens: 31.5 Euro
- Bus ticket Athens-Tirana: 25 Euro
- Train ticket Airport to Athens: 10 Euro
The whole amount I got from wikimedia of 452 Euros was spent as provided in the details above.
Amount left over
There is no amount leftover