Welcome back from Wikimania 2014!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
One of the things that I learned about and already implemented on my home wiki is how to track an online campaign. I think that once we get some results, together with the information already provided by the mobile apps, we will better understand how and why people register on ro.wp. Also, the return page allows us to redirect newcomers to a productive page instead of leaving them to their own accord.
I have met a lot of interesting people, so it's really hard to pick someone in particular. I would say that the support shown by the CEE community for the establishment of a Romanian chapter (despite the internal issues we had) has been heart-warming and it really meant a lot to me. Informal meetings have also allowed the community to establish an international team for WLM 2014.
Sorry, no photos. :) I've decided to come to Wikimania without my camera and made sure I kept my phone closed, so I could concentrate on the presentations and meetings I had.