Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
en.wiki and Wiki Learning Tec de Monterrey
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
We have already started to take advantage of some of the information gained from Wikimania. 1) During the pre conference Learning Days, an idea of a mini or "one-hour" editathon was discussed as an easy way to get people started. Given that our more intense workshops have not translated well into new teacher participants, via email I discussed this idea with fellow Wiki Learning leaders es:usuario:Lourdes Epstein and es:usuario:Nutresilla. We adapted this idea to the addition of adding citations in es.wiki articles, with a room set up in the Mexico City campus library for teacher participants during the annual system-wide conference on innovation in education in December 2016. In our case, the room will be open during the conference, allowing teachers to wander in and out with the idea of getting their feet wet in working with Wiki in under an hour. In this way, we hope to more quickly identify those who truly are interested in working with the Wikipedia Education Program, rather than those just attending workshops because they have to.
2) We are also interested in Gordon Lee's presentation about animiations/illustrations. (Thank you for getting the videos up on YouTube so fast.) I will be mentioning his work during my presentation at the same conference.
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).