Grants:TPS/Titodutta/Reseacrh work at National Archives of India, New Delhi
This had been a submission to the Wikimedia Participation Support process, but was withdrawn or otherwise cancelled (not denied).
- In one line
I have been invited by the National Archives of India, New Delhi, to do some research works. I am curious to go there to do so (for 4 days or so).
- Some more details
When we were working on the biographical article of Mahatma Gandhi for "good article", we faced difficulty to determine whether Mahatma Gandhi adopted Feroze Gandhi.
After researching on it for months, in the last week of October (2014), I filed an RTI (right to information (act)) to the Central Government of India. After 30 days (the time they take to provide information) they have informed me this "requires extensive research work" and I have been directly invited to National Archives of India o do related research and studies myself. I have been told that I would be provided all research facilities there after enrolment.
Please see the original invitation from the Government of India here. (Note: I have covered portion containing my address phone email, however, I have both hard copy and clear soft copy)
Goal and expected impact
Research work and data collection on the following areas—
- Mentioned Mahatma Gandhi issue
- Pre-independence and Post-independence periods of India
- Gandhi-Nehru family tree
- Browsing National Archives of India's documents
[Please read "instructions" #2 below as well]
|Airfare (from Kolkata to Delhi and return)||INR 18,000 (USD 284.159)||Fare depends on flight, I'd like WMF to book flights for me directly|
Transport (both Kolkata, and New Delhi)
All other costs
|INR 12,000 (USD 189.439)||For 4-5 days|
Single room in any medium budget hotel
Travel, food and all other expenditures.
If accommodation is booked by WMF, that is also fine. Then only other small things will be required
|Total:||INR 30,000 (USD 473.598)|
- WMF may do it directly or they may have it done through their India-based parter organization CIS-India. I joined an event CIS-India. They work swiftly and clearly for Indians.
- Note: If possible please give me a copy of endorsement/acknowledgement that my (User:Titodutta/Tito Dutta) tour/research is powered by WMF/CIS, with a request provide copies of related documents, information to use on Wikipedia/for Wikipedia articles. It'll add power to my research work
- As they have mentioned "Monday to Friday" (office dates, and office hours), starting the journey on any Sunday or Monday afternoon or evening will be helpful.
- I'll be unavailable on the second week of January (8—15 Jan 2015)