Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
Administrator, English Wikipedia
Before the Beginning
2014 London Wikimania
I have been editing on the (English) Wikipedia since mid-2011. Initially (and naturally) I had no idea about these Wikimania and other things like workshops, events and finally and the most importantly Wikimania.
I wanted to join 2014 London Wikimania. I got a scholarship from Wikimedia India to join the London event. Unfortunately I could not attend the event due to financial issues, job difficulties and a few other issues (including no time to get a passport).
2015 Mexico city Wikimania
So I tried to get a scholarship for the 2015 Wikimania. I contacted a few experienced editors to suggest me that how can I surely get scholarship this year. Many of them told me that as I recently become an admin, and started working on Wikimedia events, this year I had much better chances to get a scholarship.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).