Welcome back from Wikimania 2014!
I appreciate the opportunity to meet WMF grantmaking team, and being able to understand their views of grant programs and the focus on impact these programs (should) have. Furthermore, I've met a few people who might be interested in using our grant tracker software, which might help us be useful to more people.
No much, at the moment. But there are a couple of "almosts":
- I wrote about ~46 KB of notes from every session I attended on our chapter's internal wiki, with reaction from 5 other people, so I'm sure some people have actually read it. I'd like to make a public blog post out of it in near future.
- I was going to create another demo installation of our tracker for one person who was intereseted in trzing it out, but got a bit delayed by updating it to recent version of used framework.
- I plan to make a learning pattern from our mediagrant project, since I found out the structure is actually quite complex and there are no resources clearly describing it anywhere.
- flight and accommodation were directly paid by WMF
- Heathrow Express (LHR to Paddington Station and back) -- 28.90 GBP
- London Underground via Oyster Card -- 4.40 GBP
- actually bought card for 15 GBP, then refilled 10 GBP, returned and got 13.60 GBP back, but that includes 7 GBP for personal stuff
- Digging into my records and memory it looks like I spent 37.86 GBP of cash in London, which includes 5.85 GBP for postcards, leaving 32.01 GBP which I spent on food in London, IIRC.
- Heathrow Express Ticket Confirmation
- Oyster Card Transaction History
- Bank Account Transaction History
Amount left over
I received 3824.29 CZK (141 EUR) from WMF, from which:
- 204 CZK went to the bank for processing the transaction
- 1031 CZK was the 28.90 GPB payment for Heathrow Express
- 157.12 CZK went for the Underground (that was 4.40 GBP used from 15 GBP transaction which amounted to 535.65 CZK)
- 1214.12 CZK I paid for small cash stuff (32.01 GBP our of 50 GBP ATM withdrawal which cost me 1787.53 + 108.94 = 1896.47 CZK)
In total it look like I spent 2606.24 CZK in London, so unless incidentals allowance works in a way that I can keep regardless of whether it is spent I now have 1218.05 CZK left.