Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
- During Wikimania 2014 I learned mainly about to topics: Metrics and Wikidata. I had the fortune of sit me with Education and evaluation team to make clear some doubts about Wikimetrics tool application. Thanks to that I was able to start to make more and better reports about WMMX chapter. The next was the first one of this kind, made with the new tools I learned in London.
Such reports have evolved a lot. Look some of the more recent:
Thanks to date I was able to communicate more eficiently the results of our editathons inside our country and to the WMF evaluation team.
About what I learned about Wikidata I started to share word-of-mouth and evangelize about that project in my country. From that date to the current days we apply workshops about Wikidata in our activities, mainly in editathons.
As WMMX board member I helped Wikimanía organizing team to make contacts, collecting observations from the attendees and getting feedback from London team to be applied in Wikimania 2015 in Mexico. That was communicated directly to organizing team by mail.
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
- As part of Affilliations Committee, I attended to a lot of meetings with WMF staff and affiliates. One the most importan results of that were:
- The AffCom finished and approved during the conference the new process of recognition of affiliates: Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia_user_group_approval_process_-_August_2014].
- We discussed and created the process to get new members (that I leaded some months after). The result was the admision of 5 news members: Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Membership – November 2014.
- I personally met with some community members to advise them about creating new User Groups, renewing existing ones and other topics. Some of them finished the process some months after as Wikimedia Ghana User Group, Azerbaijani Wikimedians User Group and Esperanto kaj Libera Scio (renewal).
I encontered old and new Wikimedia friends. I felt a lot of energy comming from all persons. I must say that it was the first Wikimania when I felt the WMF foundation staff really close to wikimedians, at least they were really prone to attend and hear us during all event. It was to meet personally with the (in that time) recently appointed ED of WMF Lila Tetrikov.
I enjoyed a lot the desconferences section. I was able of meeting with some interesting Wikimedians on diverse topics thanks to that. I enjoyed specially the one organized by user Ocaasi about The Wikipedia Library, Open Access and libraries.
Sorry for the delay. That year was really moved for me. Specially since finishing that Wikimania starts all the organization for the next Wikimania in Mexico.