Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2012-2013 round1/Wikimédia Magyarország/Progress report form/Q1
Link to staff summary
We have published a staff summary of all 2012-2013 Round 1 Q1 reports here: FDC portal/Proposals/2012-2013 round1/Staff summary/Progress report form/Q1. We ask each entity to also review our general comments there. All the best, KLove (WMF) (talk) 00:03, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for taking the time to prepare this report. As a small organization still relying mostly on volunteers, we realize that this report takes a lot of effort for WMHU to prepare. We’re quite pleased to see you reporting on lessons learned for each program and on metrics when they are available.
- Congratulations on securing your office space well below market value and for hiring Andrea.
- It seems like the Wikipedia Day Meetup showed some encouraging results, and we’re looking forward to learning more about the progress being made on meetups in your next progress report. We hope to see WMHU back on track toward its annual targets.
- We hope that both the new office and your new employee will relieve some of the difficulties WMHU has been experiencing and that you will now have a good space to hold your regular community meetups.
We would like to learn more
We have a few questions for you. We’ve noticed that you’ve cited lack of volunteer time as a challenge when completing many activities; please provide more information about how WMHU is actively trying to address that challenge.
- The WikiCamp bidding process seems interesting; despite many volunteers not voting, would you consider this a successful process that WMHU might repeat in future years or recommend to other chapters organizing similar events?
- Please share what you think some of the results of the Article of the Year Competition are. We are interested to learn about what positive outcomes this project may have had.
- We're working on a strategy on "revitalizing" WMHU's volunteer activities; nothing specific yet apart from trying to involve the community and the membership into the programs (including decision making) as possible (for example deciding the next site of the WikiCamp).
- WikiCamp bidding worked fine. It was a deliberate act to involve the community and the membership of the chapter, however votes came only from those users who were thinking about actually attending the event; the others refrained from putting a vote on any side.
- Article of the Year competiton is more of an "achievement award" than a competition; simply a nice gesture or feedback that it worth writing quality articles. It should be good for the overall mood that your hard work won't go unnoticed. People like getting awards and being applaused for writing Wikipedia :) We're doing it since 2010 and I've read and heard positive feedbacks so far. --Vince (talk) 14:30, 14 June 2013 (UTC)
Suggestions for future reports
In future reports, please report all expenditures in the quarter they were incurred. FDC funds are unrestricted, and WMHU should be reporting the total expenditures. There’s no need to match expenditures to FDC funds for the purpose of this report, although WMHU is required to keep a separate bookkeeping account to track grant funds.
We’re concerned about the progress on spending with respect to the planned annual budget.