Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2012-2013 round1/Wikimédia Magyarország/Progress report form/Q2
Please complete this report
Thank you for your work on this progress report so far!
We noticed that many important fields from this report are missing:
- Table 2
- Table 3
- Are you in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in the grant agreement? YES
- Are you in compliance with provisions of the United States Internal Revenue Code (“Code”), and with relevant tax laws and regulations restricting the use of the Grant funds as outlined in the grant agreement? YES
We also noticed that complete descriptions of the following activities appear to be missing or incomplete: Board meeting, Inauguration party of the chapter office, The Spring edition of the Chapter's General Assembly in the new office, Wikimeeting+award ceremony of the 3rd annual spring cleanup contest & the Article of the year 2012 competition, Mini presentation at the office, Plants Workshop's meeting in the office, Program Evaluation Workshop in Budapest, Conferences.
We encourage Wikimedia Magyarország to complete the missing fields now and to sign the report once it is complete, so that we may proceed with instructions regarding the second installment of funds, and so that we may update Wikimedia Magyarország's eligibility status. Please contact us with any questions or concerns about this report or the missing information. We are happy to clarify any aspect of the reporting form or to support you however we can.
Update on the status of this report
We're glad to see progress on this report. Please do add back both the questions about compliance and respond to the question on GROWTH to complete the report. Let us know if you have questions. Best, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 19:13, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
Information still missing
- Are you in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in the grant agreement?
- Are you in compliance with provisions of the United States Internal Revenue Code (“Code”), and with relevant tax laws and regulations restricting the use of the Grant funds as outlined in the grant agreement?
Thank you for this report
Thank you for taking the time to add the missing information to this report, especially your financial information for Q2. We understand reporting can be difficult and know it can be even more challenging for a volunteer-led organization like WMHU. At the same, we encourage you to provide more details in future reports. Please reach out to us (FDC staff) before the reporting deadline if you are having difficulty preparing or submitting your report, so we may help ensure future reports are complete before the submission deadline.
We encourage all entities to also read the staff summary of this quarter’s progress reports in addition to these comments.
- Congratulations on hosting your first meetup at the office! We look forward to understanding how the office is used by WMHU for its program activities in future reports.
- We are encouraged to see a few more of your programs getting underway now that WMHU has finished its second quarter.
- We appreciate your activities that have a direct impact on your projects of focus: for example, the spring cleanup contest that improved more than a thousand articles.
- Thank you for your work in supporting the Program Evaluation Workshop in Budapest.
We would like to learn more
- How many people attended the chapter’s General Assembly?
- Was there a report or other documentation about the ‘Free Software Conference’? If so, please share the report here. If not, please describe what happened at the conference and what the outcomes of the conferences are.
- We appreciate that your activities are intensely volunteer-driven. We know depending solely on volunteers can sometimes create challenges, but we also recognize this volunteer involvement as a positive aspect of your work. While recruiting new volunteers to participate in your activities is certainly a challenge you recognize, we would also like to know more about your strategies around preventing volunteer burnout. What support do you offer its volunteers who are taking on extraordinary tasks?
- Please tell us more about the the outcomes of the training at the University ELTE. After the 12 students were trained, did they go on to edit? You mention, “students were interested but no follow up.” Do you plan to follow up with the students?
- Please tell us more about the results of the Plants Workshop. How many new articles were created or how many articles were improved as a result of the workshop?
- Do you have any strategies for publicizing future mini-presentations?
- You mention the organization of future events like the wikimeeting and awards ceremony can be improved. Would you please share what specific lessons were learned about the organization of this event?
- Please report on progress in the following areas:
- Travel and other grants for community
Suggestions for future reports
- In future reports, please report on the programs listed in your proposal, so those reading this report may better understand your progress against your planned objectives. The initiatives outlined in your proposal are Competitions, Monthly meetups, Travel and other grants for community, Grants, Presentations and Office, and this report offers information about Competitions and Monthly meetups only.
- This report would benefit from more reflection on your activities, especially your successes and challenges. We would like more insight into your strategic problem-solving around the challenges your organization has already identified, such as low volunteer participation.