Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2013-2014 round1/Wikimedia Nederland/Progress report form/Q1
Dear Wikimedia Nederland Colleagues:
Thank you for submitting this complete report on time. This report is well-structured, engaging, and shares learning thoughtfully. WMNL is using tables to report against targets related to its program objectives, which makes it easy to understand how you are understanding progress against its program objectives.
- We understand that recruiting five new active volunteers as part of your initiative with Dutch National Parks is already an important accomplishment, and we are also impressed that this project is generating such keen interest from high-profile partners like Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid, Naturalis, and the Dutch National Parks.
- We appreciate that you are looking toward both the models on German and English when working on your design of the Dutch Teahouse: it will be useful to document what you have learned from the differences in these approaches and how you finally adapt an approach appropriate to your language and community context. We know a lot of people in the movement are looking toward the success of teahouse-like models, so we hope your work will also inform the work of others in this area as you learn.
- We notice that you achieved significant outputs with respect to a noticeable increase in community initiated contact with WMNL, articulated in terms of the number of community members participating in your events and an increase in the number of grant requests received. We look forward to learning more about how you think this increased contact will have positive impacts on your work with the community. We also appreciated that you shared that your approach of publicizing your community-focused work extensively on many different forums may have contributed to increased engagement in your community-focused activities. This would make a great learning pattern!
- We hope your learning around a GLAM partnership strategy will benefit your programs in future quarters. We were impressed that you were able to learn from what didn’t go well (delays caused by the need for partners to work on their E-strategies), and use that as an opportunity to understand how you could find ways to integrate your partnership discussions / what you are offering to GLAMs with the development of their E-strategies. WMNL is taking a sophisticated approach to working with GLAM partners, and we look forward to the results in future quarters. This would make a great learning pattern!
- Congratulations on securing external funding this quarter for your library and museum work!