Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Article template libraries - user sandbox space organization
Hello ManosHacker thank you for submitting your rapid grant request. Would you please update the start and end date for your grant request so I can go ahead and review your proposal? Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 01:47, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
Hello ManosHacker, thank you for updating the dates on the proposal. This is such a great project to recruit and retain newcomers. I had one additional question for you.
- Can you please explain the budget? What is the $18/hr going towards?
- Hello WJifar (WMF), I am happy you like the project. Here is the work breakdown as estimated.
- Best regards, ManosHacker talk 05:27, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
Hello ManosHacker thank you for sharing the budget. I am approving your grant request. Looking forward to reading the outcomes of this grant in your report. Best regards, WJifar (WMF) (talk) 17:05, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Hello WJifar (WMF), thank you for approving the grant. I am doing my best to make a useful tool and I am also looking forward for the outcomes. Best regards, ManosHacker talk 19:52, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
Extend end date till March 31
The project end time is currently set for 21 March 2018. The tool's functionality was completed as pre-designed, in English, Greek and Italian Wikipedia by March 3 and preparations were made for porting it to other languages. On March 4 the project drew attention in English Wikipedia for the first time, programatically, and a few days of cooporation were needed to make the tool better and aligned to programming norms of wiki, as shown by experts in the field. This lasted from March 4 till March 12 (core work) and a few days more for minor debugging. The result was more compact code and optimized structure, which is now accepted and under consensus. The tool is fully functional in English and Greek Wikipedia now, but more time is needed for porting it to the rest of the languages. I would really appreciate if we could extend the end date to March 31. Best regards, ManosHacker talk 15:57, 16 March 2018 (UTC)
- Hi ManosHacker. Thanks for posting this update. It's great you were able to collaborate with editors on the English Wikipedia and the tool has been accepted. The new end date for the project will be March 31, with your final report due April 30. Best, Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 20:02, 16 March 2018 (UTC)