Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Falanster/Participate in communities
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HI Mr. Zabej. Thank you and the community in Belarus for submitting this grant proposal. It's great to see so much energy and interest in organizing offline activities! We've reviewed the proposal and have a few questions/comments below:
- Thank you for providing details on how you will engage with participants between and after events. Having a number of different strategies is great (on-wiki welcomes, surveys, social media, personal mentorship, etc)!
- Please confirm how many people you expect to participate in the wiki-expeditions. There seem to be 4 organizers per event.
- What will the postcards be used for?
- The budget includes training events. Are these the master classes and lectures?
- Please be sure to document your events on wiki -- it's helpful to track the agenda, participants, outcomes, and any photos as well!
- Please confirm who will be the grantee? Is it Falanster, which is an organization?
- Hello Alex Wang (WMF),
- Thanks for the questions. There are our answers below:
- Yes, our team core is 2-4 participators.
- We will print post cards relating Belarus which are on the commons now or will be uploaded there.
- Yes, it will be classes like workshop with considering practical issues for communities.
- Yes, we are going to do it. Do you mean particular places on meta or in our wikipedias do so?
- Yes, the Falanster as an organization will be a grantee.
- Hi Mr. Zabej. Thank you for your quick response. The request is approved. However, please do be mindful of extraneous expenses like stationary, postcards, and badges. They add up to a considerable amount of money and don't often have much benefit. We look forward to hearing how the project goes! Cheers, Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 16:05, 26 July 2016 (UTC)