Grants talk:Project/Rapid/OFWA/Wiki Loves Africa Ghana 2017/Report
Hello, Joy Agyepong and Flixtey; thank you for submitting the report for the Wiki Loves Africa Ghana 2017 initiative. We are glad to see you had a successful contest on many counts; we have some feedback on your report and for future initiatives.
- Did you use any systems, like an outreach dashboard, to keep track of the photos uploaded? If so, please share the link with us.
- Have you since been able to incorporate any more of the images uploaded for the contest into articles or other projects? For future efforts like this, you can find some tips to incorporate more images on the Photo Contests program guide.
- In your grant proposal you mentioned the possibility of having the contest and resulting images featured in online and print media; were you able to succeed in this regard? If not, what can you do differently next time?
- In the new fiscal year we've been encouraging all our grantees to scale back on T-shirts. We have recognized that they are high cost items and are also not inclusive as you're limited in getting specific sizes for participants. Please consider other gifts or giving a variety of prizes for your participants in future efforts.
- Congratulations on exceeding your target outcome regarding the number of images uploaded and for recruiting and training new editors. We hope that in future efforts you will reach your target outcomes regarding the use of images on Wikimedia projects.
- You initially set out to have 20 participants per photowalk, which Marti pointed out was a very high goal. We encourage you, with this experience, to try to adjust your goals for future initiatives.