Comments on final report
Hello User:Leeturtle and User:Margott,
Thank you so much for your work on this project. It was fantastic to see the pictures that were uploaded onto Commons of the event and the amount of coverage that the event received.
This report has been accepted. We have a few remaining questions/comments and look forward to hearing your response:
- Do you know how many of the 150+ editors/participants were new to Wikipedia?
- What was the reaction of the public officials and Ministers to the event? Do you think they'll be interested in participating again?
- Dear User:SMalik (WMF) thakn you for the update. Regarding your questions:
- we don't have the exact number,but almost all the students present at the event where exposed to Wikipedia for the first time. The students were also the majority of the participants in the event. The next big event where active SQ Wikimedians will participate will be in the second weekend of may and we are planning to invite them again through our newsletter and hopefully they will join us and will help us follow up with them again.
- In general public officials are positive when they join our activities and the awareness about Wikipedia on the level of decision makers is now growing due to our activities. The issue we have is that they try to gain exposure and sometimes they try to connect the organization of such events with their own ministry. Having said this we have now the experience to manage this correctly and avoid the hijacking of the events from public officials and have a fair exposure for us and for them. --Leeturtle (talk) 20:38, 11 April 2017 (UTC)