Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Pilot Project WIR F/town/Report
Comments from WMF
Hi, Mompati Dikunwane, thank you for submitting your expense documentation and final report for this grant. I have reviewed and accepted the expense documentation. I have reviewed this report and have some preliminary questions and comments.
Comments and Questions
- Congratulations on launching this program at the national archives! Have you continued to collaborate with the archives after the conclusion of this event?
- Could you tell us a bit more about how you have stayed in touch with participants from the workshops? Some of them have applied for rapid grants, so you have clearly done a good job of engaging and motivating editors. We would love to hear more about how you have done that, and what more you think you could do in the future.
- You noted that you were not able to add or improve much content during the event, but that you hoped that participants would do so after. Did they? Were you able to track it? If so, please edit the report to add that information.
- Could you please update the list of images scanned and uploaded to Commons on this page? The link appears to be broken.
- Has the community continued using the scanner since the event?
Many thanks for following up to these questions!
Hi, Mompati Dikunwane, I am following up with a reminder that we are waiting on answers to the questions above. We will not be able to complete this grant until we receive them and accept the final report. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer them! Please tag WJifar (WMF) in your responses. Thank you, LSmith (WMF) (talk) 17:16, 3 May 2019 (UTC)
Answers to the Comments and Questions
- I had created a whats app group for the participants to stay in touch about future activities of the archives. Some of the participants applied for grants yes, this was because i have had a session on how every individual seeking to work on Wikimedia projects to improve the public domain can get financial assistance from the Wikimedia Foundation that itself motivated the editors and new bies to even want to do more work.
- I think in future we need to conduct the training the trainers seminar so that participants may be able to train others where ever they wish contribute to free knowledge.
- I was not able to track what the participants promised to do, ː(, i think next time i should be able to do that smoothly.
- The scanner is used for office purposes for now, documents and receipts scanning but and we agreed that it should be used by any other volunteer wishing to upload content to Commons, it remains the property of the Wikimedia Foundation (Volunteers).
Hello, Mompati Dikunwane; thank you for addressing the questions above. I have reviewed and accepted your final report, and I note the underspend that may be applied to an open grant request. Given that this grant funded the purchase of equipment and we have no evidence of it being used for its original intent, which was to upload content to Commons, we leave it on the record that the grant has not met its original purposes. Regards, MMontes (WMF) (talk) 20:46, 9 July 2019 (UTC)