Hardware donation program/Tochiprecious
Your contact information
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your plan
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you. I have been a regular contributor to Wikimedia projects using my PC for the past 2 years but since it became faulty, I currently use my mobile phone which slows down the amount of work I do these days as it is not easy to use for editing. I engage in various projects both online and offline, I personally do outreaches and awareness on how to contribute to Wikipedia and its sister projects. I mostly contribute to [Igbo Wikipedia] creating quality contents, and translations, I also contribute to English Wikipedia, Wiki Commons, Wikidata, Meta-Wiki, etc. If WMF gifted a used Laptop to me, it will be a vital help and will accelerate my contributions, it will be use to do the things I am unable to do with mobile phone because of the incompatibility of its interface feature, and will also be used in our Community User Group future projects, meetups, edit a thons, tutoring inexperienced users, and so many other works meant to develop our community and the WMF projects
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- Igbo Wikipedia
- English WIkipedia
- Incubator Wiki (Igbo Wiktionary)
- Meta Wikimedia
Work you're proud of
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- ...I am one of the Initiators and I also co-ordinate programs, outreaches, partnership engagements, edit a thons for https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Igbo_Wikimedians_User_Group...
- ...I am also the co-ordinator Igbo Wikimedians User Group Anambra State Stakeholder Engagement/Wiki Edit-A-Thon of which resulted in a partnership with the Anambra State Ministry of Information and Public Enlightenment, Digipreneur Hub and where I also trained over 30 people...
- ...I also spear-headed the https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid/Tochi_Precious/Wikipedia_Nigerian_Women_in_Politics_Edit-a-thon which led to the addition of more Articles in the Igbo Wkipedia.
- ...I also participated at Adandigbo beauty peagant event as keynote speaker where I also talked about Wikimedia and it's various projects...
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page