Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Help:Researchers)
This is a help page for researchers of MediaWiki content, users and their socio-technical implications.
There are some concrete steps researchers can take to help others (researchers and editors alike) and themselves:
- Announce their research projects/ideas/outcomes in Research:Index. (It's like saying hello.)
- Write/contribute to Research:Newsletter to introduce others to the latest and/or relevant research. (It's like doing literature review. See more here)
- Find/read/contribute a research concept/topic such as Research:Editor_retention. (It's like writing conceptual framework.)
- Discuss research ideas with the Wikimedia research team members. (It's like talking to fellow researchers who happen to be embedded into the Wikimedia Foundation.) By doing so, researchers can better
- get editors to paritcipate in their research (survey, interviews, panels, or experiments)
- get data to analyze for their research
The following guides point to relevant pages inside the meta name space.
- For research exploration and declaration, see Research:Index,
- For a research topic, please
- browse through existing Category:Research_concepts or search for topics.
- create topic pages such as Research:Editor_retention
- For metrics (numbers, indicators, or analytics), please browse or create in Category:Metrics.
- For the latest research reviewed by the members of both editor and researcher community, please read/subscribe Research:Newsletter
- For announcing or discussing a certain research idea or event, please have a look at the example of Research:CSCW15_workshop
- For everything or anything inside the meta name space, please browse or search through Category:Research